B20 BLOCK GSR HEAD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IS THIS A GOOD SWAP? I KNOW IT IS PRACTICAL WITH A NEW HEAD GASKET AND HEAD STUDS.. WILL I HAVE TO RUN OIL LINES FOR VTEC? DO I CHANGE THE ECU? SHOULD I BOOST WHEN FINISHED? I NEED SOME POINTERS THANKS HONDA SWAP~LOU

Hello Lou :) Welcome to HS. Read through the FAQ, and do a couple searchs all of your questions are answered.

And chill on the capslock :)

oil lines = yes
ECU = yes
boost = up to you, and how well it is built

y0 lou

practical swap? uhm dependin on how deep your wallet is...

you'll just need a VTEC ecu. you can use a p28, p72, p73, p30. i would also suggest doing an OBD1 conversion, as it is easier to play with.

if you boost you have to run oil lines for that as well. I suggust the golden eagle sandwich adapter/lsvtec conversion kit. the GE adapter has 4 outlets you can use for anything that needs an oil supply.

im not really thinkin ls vtec although if i do run a turbo i will need to run the lines.
i already have a gsr long block so im just looking for displacement from the b20a5 bottom end and mount the gsr head on the b20a5 bottom although i do believe i have to use head studs or move a few around for head alighnment hmm.... so i already have a p72 and gsr trans... WHAT WOULD YOU DO? i feel that i should replace the bottom end bearings and oil pump b4 i do the head swap.. thanks for your help.. KEEP EM COMING! THANKS LOU

have fun mating the gsr head to the old ass piece of shit b20a5 prelude engine. you're better off using a B20B2 or B20Z short block dude. its a lot less headache.

yea buddy i posted a forum for help and NOT to be patronized by a characters like U.
i just want to get some USEFULL ADVICE from someone who has done a SIMILAR SWAP! THANK U AND GOOD NIGHT! LOU

Originally posted by 95GSRHATCHNEPA@May 21 2005, 02:54 PM
yea buddy i posted a forum for help and NOT to be patronized by a characters like U.
i just want to get some USEFULL ADVICE from someone who has done a SIMILAR SWAP! THANK U AND GOOD NIGHT! LOU
[post=502037]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh...I think his advice was pretty useful. He's telling you that you are going to have a hard time mating that head to the older Prelude motor you are planning on using. I would agree with him, either find a newer B20 block from a CRV, or just build the GSR motor you already have.

werd. the b20a is NOT a b20/vtec candidate at all.

melt it and sell the aluminum. its worth more that way.

dont know much about this perticular swap or howe to do it, but i seen a crx with one bustin ass. what is the motor going in? and the boost question, mabe me, but i think boost is always a must.

Originally posted by HollowJDM@May 23 2005, 04:43 PM
dont know much about this perticular swap or howe to do it, but i seen a crx with one bustin ass. what is the motor going in? and the boost question, mabe me, but i think boost is always a must.
[post=502652]Quoted post[/post]​

this is what i know... b20a5 = 140hp add the gsr head and then get 200hp. the swap may go in a 89 prelude or 95hatch... as far as matching the head.. i dont think i have to do any modifications to the oil and coolant lines... just a switch with a few dowel pins and a new head gasket and i think it will be swell.

Originally posted by 95GSRHATCHNEPA@May 26 2005, 02:27 PM
this is what i know... b20a5 = 140hp add the gsr head and then get 200hp.
[post=503949]Quoted post[/post]​

for the second time now.

the b20a5 will NOT WORK in an b20/vtec configuration. it doesn't even LOOK like a b-series. it is a cast-a-way, and will not line up remotely with a gsr or b16 or it or ctr dohc b-series vtec head.

the only thing that is appearent that you know, is that you're not listening to us, and you're going to blow an asswad of cash on something that can't be done for a reaosnable cost. SURE, you CAN do it. but you also CAN put a ferarri enzo head on a b20a5 block too...

:pissedoffban: :poop: :nobreed: :fucktard:

just let the kid do what ever he wants....go ahead mr bear use the lude motor...

Originally posted by 95GSRHATCHNEPA+May 26 2005, 07:27 PM-->
HollowJDM
@May 23 2005, 04:43 PM
[post=502652]Quoted post[/post]​

this is what i know... b20a5 = 140hp add the gsr head and then get 200hp. the swap may go in a 89 prelude or 95hatch... as far as matching the head.. i dont think i have to do any modifications to the oil and coolant lines... just a switch with a few dowel pins and a new head gasket and i think it will be swell.
[post=503949]Quoted post[/post]​

Choke yourself please. We have told you about ten times in this thread that the Prelude B20A5 is NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT the correct B20 you want. For a CRvtec (there's a hint right there) you want to use the B20B or Z. And you don't "just" get 60hp from swapping the head anyway.

s3f6f6a275cc7a.jpg

Back