b20 in 1997 civic ex 4dr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicexhead

i am new to the site and honda swaps in general.....i love honda and all there cars.....however i have a 1997 civic 4dr that needs a new tranny and engine....i am wondering how much work it is to put a B20B into it.....is there any mods or does it bolt right in just like a B18....all help is greatly appreciated

thks

Vern

you need 2 mounts linkage new intake manifold so the hood will shut and a b series tranny

yea the tranny will bolt right up the ls is easer because of the intake main but the b20 has more tork

Do the B20B transmission fits on a B16a engine?,
Do B20b Tranny exists in 2wd and if so from which model?

I need this Transmission is as I need a cable gear operating to fit a Dog engagment and a sequential shifter.

Roger

use your b20 short block and buy a b16 head and tranny. if your looking to keep it all motor and not dump a ton of loot on it just get the b16 tranny (hydro). get a conversion kit online on eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (golden eagle) and new gaskets/timing belt. assemble and run obd2-obd1 conversion harness from Boomslang Fabrication - Wire Harnesses for Fine Automobiles. if my memory serves me right, you will need the obd2a-odb1 harness. than get yourself a nice p28 chipped (fields or skunk2 program). vtec will be up higher where your torque nears max so you will make very good power uptop. and from there you can modify the motor with cams & bolt-ons. personally i would build it first but it all depends on what kind of driveability you are looking for. Good luck.

Do the B20B transmission fits on a B16a engine?,
Do B20b Tranny exists in 2wd and if so from which model?

I need this Transmission is as I need a cable gear operating to fit a Dog engagment and a sequential shifter.

Roger
yea but there auto trannys

Back