B20 Or B18 Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALEXBECK23

N/A boost=Turbo boost
Witch block will be better for turbo?? and what is the diference??? i have an si and i want to go turbo on it. i want to keep the same head the b16 but i would like to know witch block will be better.

The B18B's cylinder walls are a little more re-inforced than the B20B. Don't hesitate on what you hear about the B20B's cylinder walls being "weak" as this applies to any numb nut who doesnt drive his car correctly and totally loves to over-rev and destroy his motor.

But never the less, the B20B's bottom block has more potential if built correctly. For example, running 10 or more psi on a stock block is just insane. Both blocks will hold boost well with mild internal upgrades, but B20B is the better deal, more low end torque and peak torque, big bore etc.

Last edited:
but if i get the b20 and put it right now, is it going to make a diference since i dont have the turbo yet....

More displacement = More torque. It would make a difference! it'll be considered a B20/VTEC setup which has much more potential than a LS/VTEC setup, power-wise that is.
Make sure if you do proceed with the setup, that you invest in some ARP rod bolts and ARP head studs, and if your turbo-ing a re-sleeving is suggested, the B20 setup should handle though, but boosting it over 10PSI on stock internals is just stupid.

I never missed with turbo setups but I always had a B20 in my Civic all motor. There is nothing better in my eyes then having more torque when I was doing all motor setups. I think the best 1/8 mile pass I ever did was a 8.80 with slicks. That was with a mild built head and a stock B20Z2 block revving to 7700.

Back