B20 Or B18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GROOVEMARSTA

hey i'm a new member to this and i'm From australia i would like to know what you think would be better mod for my DEL SOL a b18 or a b20 with b18 head ??? i would like to turbo it latter on and i was just wondering the PROs and CONS of each engine and and if people could give me info into the swop and what is the range of after market add ons for each engine???? thanks for your help

im assuming you are refering to the B18B (LS engine)??
if so the B20 and B18 head are the same .... the intake manifolds are different ... but you shouldnt use either one anyway (the B20 wont fit and the LS one just sucks)
id say get a B20 long block
get some turbo cams from crower
get a GSR tranny
get a skunk2 intake manifold
get a big ass throttlebody

your pretty much ready to go at that point :)

get a b18c, I'm having a love hate relationship with my b18b and until i boost it i will continue to wonder if i should have got a gsr motor

i was thinking going b20b and put on a vtec head ??? and then turbo it how would thats go ?? do you think and yes i will put lsd trani and that whats the difrence between long and short engine b20???? also with the vtec head i was reading the b16 type r had a bigger intake would thats be better ??? all help is needed hehe all surgestions to becouse i dont wanna put in a engine and later on find out thats i should have done something else

Originally posted by GROOVEMARSTA@May 8 2003, 01:47 AM
i was thinking going b20b and put on a vtec head ??? and then turbo it how would thats go ?? do you think and yes i will put lsd trani and that whats the difrence between long and short engine b20???? also with the vtec head i was reading the b16 type r had a bigger intake would thats be better ??? all help is needed hehe all surgestions to becouse i dont wanna put in a engine and later on find out thats i should have done something else

:huh: i don't even know where to begin.....

if you want VTEC dont bother with swapping heads and shit
just get a GSR engine and resleeve it to 84mm
that will give you the VTEC head you want and the 2L bore that you want
and a resleeved GSR will be much stronger and more reliable than a stock walled B20
the GSR tranny is great
you can get it with an LSD

resleeving the B18C is a great option, in this case, you don't have to bother with oil line hook up and wiring/ecu, and all that other jack shitty, since you want turbo, get the SiR-G tranny, you'll be satisfy with it. i agree with E_SolSi. nough said.

were would i take engine to get it resleeving?? as i havent herd of this term b4 in australia and yeah it would be alot easer to make a 1.8 to a 2L and probly cheaper to thanks for your help now all i gotta do is find out whats resleeving is

resleeving = replacing the walls of the cylender (sleeves) with stronger material... often people choose to go with a larger bore when doing this for added displacement

golden eagle does this .... but they are in the US and shipping will kill you
i have no clue where you could go in AUS

it will probly work out cheaper for me just geting the 2L and puting on the b18c head on it and yeah changing the rest who knows i will have to look futher into it and yeah see were i can get this resleveing done

Well if I was going turbo and I wanted a respectable setup that is quick, I would run the B18c with new sleeves 84mm for sure, pistons, rods, fuel set up, engine management, nice t3/t4, and make sure you get some type of LSD since it will only help.

buddy of mine had a LS sleeved motor with a drag gen 3 kit, t3/t4, and a little tuning, pistons, and shot pened rods and ran a 12.7 on a full interior eg hatchy.

If you look into Sport Compact Car a little while ago there was a LS Turbo powered hatchy that ran an mid 11 i think and the fucker had all the interior and look factory from the outside, the chick even painted her intercooler black to make it sleeper.

Milan

B20 block with a B16 Head go turbo dels already have take off so all u need is long run so go turbo

Back