B20 or H22???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91_ludeSi

i need some help on which engine to swap into my 91 SI...B20 or H22?

WIth work, the H22 can go in any car. I knew of three people who have/had hte H series in their 91 Prelude 2.0Si's. They are wicked.

Originally posted by b204dr@Nov 5 2004, 09:58 AM
are u talking b20A b or z and i dont know if the h22 would have a mount kit for your car
[post=412467]Quoted post[/post]​

Well right now ive got the stock B20A5 but how much of a difference is there between that and the B20A?

not worth the swap! the b20a isnt the motor of choice swap into h22 since brian sais it can be done or ive seen a b16 91 lude one lol

I had tons of pictures of the H-Ludes... PM rudeludenottoomeanthough on here or crusie on over to preludepower.com... all gens...

My friend Brittany is trying to drop her car... not ride height, but ET's... from a 16.0 to a 14.99 or better.

How much money do you have?
If you want something done for under 1k$ (seeing that you do it yourself)... JDM B20a.

It's a direct drop-in for b21a1 Preludes, and I believe there's a small issue with the b20a5, mount-wise. It was easy for me to do though.

As far as the h22a goes, placeracing I believe makes the mount kits, either that or HAsport.
You're looking at 3k in exspenses.
If not more

um, how easily does the gsr engine fit into that style lude? are b-series mounts all close to the same? if it's a direct fit i would go with that. I've heard that putting an h22 delsol is a real pain so i can only assume that it would be the same.

B21 and B20A's are not the same as B16A/B, B18A/B/C or B20B/Z. therefore not ALL b series mounts are the same. Im sure it can be done... but would the GSR engine be worthwhile over an H22, No.

well i wasnt saying the gsr was a better engine. i was just wondering if it were easlier to install in that bodystyle. me personally, after doing the h22/h23 hybrid, i'd rather go an easier route

gotcha, keep the b20 in there and get a car with h22 already it or could have it easily swapped in it :)

Back