b20 swap idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cvc_98

the swap was done about 2-3 weeks ago its been happening but im getting irritated by it. when u first turn on the car it idles at about 1300 - 1500 but then drops after a minute or so then when the cars hot itll drop low to about 800-(my guess) less than 500 at times (and yes i have a tach) why is the car doing this help would be greatly appreciated thanks

common noone knows....and one more when i unplug the iacv its suppose to have that ridiculous idling but then it doesnt and when i plug it back on i noticed this humming noise and when i unplug it goes away and when u plug it back again then the noise goes back on......what is that noise

Well the high idle when cold is normal. As for the humm, I'm noticing that with my IACV now too. Maybe it's bad. Let me know if you replace it and if it stops the hum.

Well the high idle when cold is normal. As for the humm, I'm noticing that with my IACV now too. Maybe it's bad. Let me know if you replace it and if it stops the hum.

so we have the same case when you d/c the iacv the humming stops and when you connect agian then it goes back on..let me know too if you change yours out imam tyr cleaning mine tomorrow see what happens

Mine's clean as can be. Idk if it's the natural operation and I've never noticed it or what but ya. I'm spending money on an o2 now, hopefully you can try the IACV first :)

Back