b20 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok I just swapped a b20 into my eg coupe. I need to know which dipstick tube I can use? Can I just use the b20 one but it needs to be bent to fit under the hood. I tried one from a b16 but it doesnt want to stay in place. It comes out when I take out the dipstick. I really need to know guys. Thnx.

You should be ok. Snap some pictures so we can see whats up. Im not following what you are saying.

Brian

Ok my b20 came with a long dipstick tube ( probably stock). The dipstick that I got with it was not long enough (proabably a different one not meant for the tube). The mechanic that installed the motor had to bend the tube so it could fit underneath the hood along with bending the dipstick. I want to know which tube I can use so that I dont need to bend and that will stay in place when I take the dipstick out. The b20 tube has a lip that catchs on a lip on the block when its inserted into it. The b16 tube doesnt have a lip on the end where it inserted to catch on the block therefore it comes out with the dipstick. I hope that clears everything up. Anyone else have to bend the tube or did they have a shorter tube?

hmm... you should have replaced the cam plug. as far as the dip stick goes... i have no idea. go to Acura and order one for a 94-01 integra

replace cam plug? I dont understand. Im going to try the integra dipstick. Are there 2 different sized b20 tubes? or is there only one size?

You see all that nasty oil all over the side of the head, how dark in color it is... yea thats due to the cam plug being bad.

Brian

Originally posted by brian11to1@Mar 30 2005, 06:49 PM
You see all that nasty oil all over the side of the head, how dark in color it is... yea thats due to the cam plug being bad.

Brian
[post=480846]Quoted post[/post]​

Is it easy to fix? what needs to be done? and how much does it usually cost for the part. Sorry about all the questions im new to this stuff.

Questions are what this board is for. The part for OEM is like $10, to get an aftermarket cam plug such as STR or Golden Eagle its liek $20, these are billet and look bad ass.. As far as the install goes, its simple if you basically know how to remove the valve cover, then remove a cam cap... pretty simple... well as long as you have mechanical ability. AIM = integra11to1

Brian

I don;t remember the dipstick sticking out like that on my buddies CRV, wtf mate?

I dont have a clue why the dipstick is like that. Maybe a b20 one will work. There has to be a shorter version. OH and Brian thnx for the help bud. :worthy:

I'm goingto try this as well. I am having the same issue with having the wrong dipstick and tube.

I'm ganna order a new dipstick and tube for 94-01 Integra LS.

Hopefully that will fix my issue.

Back