B20 Vtec in 1986 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxmale

I'm doing a B20 vtec in my 1st gen and i have a few question for those that can answer them, can you use the PG7 or PE7 ecu or do you have to use the PM6 thats been chipped? also what's needed for the wire harness? Last, Axles? is their a bolt in OEM axle? or use the Hasport axles?

I haven't seen another B20vtec and hope you start a project thread. I'll defer your ECU question to others more knowledgeable than I but the PM6 will work. I have a Zydyne gold which is basically a chipped PM6 IIRC.

Hasport axles are your safest bet albeit costly as I've never heard of any issues with them. I've received greAt customer service from the company in honoring their mount warranty even though I wasn't the original purchaser of the product. Raxles also makes the axles for the B series swap but some have had fitment issues with their product.

As for wiring, I assume you are starting with an Si harness, correct? If so, here's a link to a non-vtec write up that will work for you as it has some vtec wiring guidance as well.

B-Series Wiring - RPRWiki

Elliot

im no expert on this old stuff... but im sure there are conversion harnesses to convert to obd1. and since you are building a b20vtec it is going to need to be tuned, so you it doenst matter as much which obd1 ecu you use. most tuners can convert virtually any obd1 ecu to run S300, neptune, Ectune, etc...

Pre-made harnesses are available as well in addition to OBD jumper conversions from the usual vendors. If I was to start from scratch, I'd go OBD1 as opposed to dealing with the instability of the Zdyne program which is no longer supported.

Elliot

i pulles the B20 from my integra that was rolled and ive been building the head over the last few months so it should be pretty fast. I think the link above will work for me and i have the harness 80% done, Ive converted it to OBD1 with a Chipped P28.

Wasn't there a fellow that made an older civ hatch into a rwd civic?
I think it was on Youtube, but that was years ago..

I made one into a little truck by cutting the roof off.
E

Back