B20 Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redhondahatch

My friend is considering putting a B20 Vtec with a B16a head and he wanted to know what ECU he should use. Just looking for som help

you should ddo a p28/hondata setup in my opinion.

there are no honda ECU's that will provide adequate fuel and timing for that combo... but if you must, try a gsr ecu

Or if you don't feel like buying an ecu then shelling out more cash for the hondata system and then even more cash for tuning you could just get an ECU chipped with a program already tuned for B20 Vtec and save some money... ;)

My homefry Nick has his B20Vtec running off a chipped P28. He runs low 13s on steet tires in a CRX. I'd say that is an acceptable solution.

The tune he made himself was made with Crome (a free romeditor available on PGMFI) with a lot of trial and error. It took him several hours of driving around to get it running decent. When I get my wideband, we're going to go and retune it to a perfect AFR.

Myself or James (hardlowrdranger) can both hook you up with a P28 chipped that has a tune that will run the car pretty-very well. James is a much better tuner than me, and I have a feeling he'd be able to give you a better chip.

I charge $175 for a chipped P28... Message or email me for more information and I'll tell you what's included...

There is no substitute for a properly tuned ECU. Get Hondata, it's worth it, and isn't even all that expensive.

learn to read and not be a sheep.

Hondata isn't the only way to tune a car.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaa is all I have to say.

Back