b20a5 or jdmb20 rebuild.turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedAlude

Hey, I am going to be gettin either a 1990 or 1991 honda prelude sometime soon and if it comes with the usdm b20a5 then I will rebuild that but if it comes with the USDM b21a1 then I am going to buy a jdm b20 long block and have that rebuilt. Im going to rebuild one or the other to hold hopefully at least 15-20lbs of boost (turbo). Im lookin for anywhere from 250-300 whp. Anyone ever done anything this drastic to a b20? I know there are pistons and rings and rods and a crank out there for these motors. Anyone know anything about cams? valves? rockers? for these motors? What turbos have any of you worked with? Whats good, not good, and real good? Any places you have found online that sell anything that might be of interest to me I would really appreciate, thanks alot.

-CHUCK-

That is one of the least supported motors honda has ever made. If i were getting a car around that age look at a 2nd gen teg as a good starting point.

Na im pretty sure I wanna go with the 90 or 91 prelude. there is stuff out there , just not as much as for a civic. Ive seen a few nice tegs that I liked but I like the preludes more. thanks

chuck

Im just saying motor wise you wont find much and the b20 in the ludes is not the same as the other b seires

I Hear the B series parts are all interchangable so you can get practically get any B sereis part and put it on the B20. As for boost, on an LS (which i have and plan on boring to a 2.0 or 2.2 and boosting) u can run 12 psi on the stock internals and get around 250hp.From what i understand the B20 isnt too far off from the LS.

that is cool. i want a turbo set up with 12-14psi daily, it will be much easier with interchangeable parts.

lol i love this... :poke: lol and... :nutkick: lol :bo:

the b20's in tha old ludes are not interchangable with any other b series engine . ive seen a b18c head on a b20a5 but its rare and expensive . the b20a5 is a sick ass engine and there are many parts for them . you defiantly need to build the bottom end for 14 psi as it is not very supported. but if u do you will have one sick motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back