B20Block with b18head..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SognoDaBAR

Hi, Is first time i read this amazing forum, from Italy (I hope you will excuse my english),but i didn't find an answer to my question..

Will a b20block fit b16a2 head, to obtain higher rev. and power?
And the tranny?
Do you know someone do this (i'm pretty sure :D ) and the results?

This forum catch a lot of attention isn't :D

And the head fits without problem, for the C/R, how do you solve? With Toda gasket?

this is pretty much the same as doing an LS/VTEC (B18B w/ VTEC head)
there is a write up on it under the FAQ section

:worthy:

But with this i have a bigger excursion of the crank, will the con rods resist to 8700 rev limiter(my ERADE Mugen N1 emulation)?

The b20 block can be used with a b16a2 head i used to have it . for the tranny i had a b20a5 out of a 89 prelude it works good. now i have upgraded to a type - r head u get way better results with the type -r head i would use it if u could find one u will be thankful.

wait...

the title says b18, but you said b16 in the post. which do you mean?

the b18b head is the same head as the b20. and as has been stated already the b16 heads will also work (b20vtec)

to make a b20/vtec ( b20 block with b16/b18c1 head, u will need to get b16/b18c1 rods and pistons, and sleeve the cylinders. then it will be able to take the abuse of high rev's. if ur asking can i put a b18a/b18b head on my b20, well theres no point, the b20 head is the exact same as the b18a/b heads. also, if u have an 88-91 prelude, ( b20a) u CANNOT do a head swap, the geometry isnt the same and it WILL NOT WORK.

I made a mistake in the title :roll: ...

I mean a b16a2 head..

To B20race:
So you run a B20 with a vtec head, works well?
You think i can use the normal transission of a european b16a2(that is shorter than yours) or not?

How many hp or KW have yu dynoed?

I have found a crashed CRV with a B20, so you suggest to change rod(i think shorter and lightened)and pistons, bacause the RC will be too high, or what?

But have the CRV b20 block have solids crank mounts like the B18c6 or not(like the b16?)

yes u can use a b16a2 tranny on the b20 block it works good right now im in the process of puttin a gsr tranny in i also have all the internals done on the block borad .030 and the head is port and polished with toda racing cams not to mention i have a drag gen 3 stage 4 turdo on it im pushin about 450 - 500 hp so i could nto tell u what ur ganna get with the combo that u want to use you will have to figure that out.

i have heard alot things on here about b20b vtec and the ls/vtec i think im going with b20b vtec good for 92 hatch?

Back