1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20VTEC compression ?'s

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by EGLSHB, Nov 11, 2003.

1. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

OK....

What CR pistons will i need to go with in order to achieve
    a static compression ratio of 10:1-10.5:1?

i have heard that the 9.5:1 pistons in the B20 are said to make for almost that ratio, when using a B16 head for the conversion

do you guys understand what i am asking?

i want to maintain a similar CR to that of my stock B16, so that if i want to add a SC, or low-boost turbo setup down the road, it will still be ok.

but, i also want the B20VTEC to make good power without the FI....

FYI: i will be running Golden Eagle sleeves, forged rods/pistons, etc...

and plan on a small nitrous setup for starters

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Make up your mind about boost or not before you buy your pistons. A good static compression ratio for all motor performance does not equal a good static compression ratio for boosted performance. Well, maybe if you want to run a small low pressure turbo on top of high compression pistons...

Endyn makes great pistons that are spec'd to the B20 bore and a B16 head. Try them out to find the compression you want.

3. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

i want to have either a little boost, or nitrous, and i am not looking for world-slaying all-motor power, i just don't want to spend big money on a bottom end, and only make 5 or ten more Hp because the compression is too low...

oi want it to have comparable compression to what i have now, so i know that i can run a SC or turbo intended for stock CR later if i want to'

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

pistons I would go with weisco/endyn RW's, rods I like crower, as far as your CR ratio check out Cspeeds site and their is a conversion chart for B series motors, heads, etc.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted