B20VTEC compression ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGLSHB

OK....

What CR pistons will i need to go with in order to achieve
a static compression ratio of 10:1-10.5:1?

i have heard that the 9.5:1 pistons in the B20 are said to make for almost that ratio, when using a B16 head for the conversion

do you guys understand what i am asking?

i want to maintain a similar CR to that of my stock B16, so that if i want to add a SC, or low-boost turbo setup down the road, it will still be ok.

but, i also want the B20VTEC to make good power without the FI....

FYI: i will be running Golden Eagle sleeves, forged rods/pistons, etc...

and plan on a small nitrous setup for starters

Make up your mind about boost or not before you buy your pistons. A good static compression ratio for all motor performance does not equal a good static compression ratio for boosted performance. Well, maybe if you want to run a small low pressure turbo on top of high compression pistons...

Endyn makes great pistons that are spec'd to the B20 bore and a B16 head. Try them out to find the compression you want.

i want to have either a little boost, or nitrous, and i am not looking for world-slaying all-motor power, i just don't want to spend big money on a bottom end, and only make 5 or ten more Hp because the compression is too low...

oi want it to have comparable compression to what i have now, so i know that i can run a SC or turbo intended for stock CR later if i want to'

pistons I would go with weisco/endyn RW's, rods I like crower, as far as your CR ratio check out Cspeeds site and their is a conversion chart for B series motors, heads, etc.

Back