B20VTEC questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok I have a B20 block and a 2000 Si head going into a 93 VX but is still need pretty much every bolt on and ECU i was wondering what ECU I should go with. I am clueless when it comes to the OBD generations. I need a dizzy should I get an OBD2 because thats what the head is or should I get one to match the ECU?

You will need an OBD2B ecu a P28 to be exact, unless you are going to tune then you will want to get an OBD2B to OBD1 harness and run an OBD1 ecu. You will also need dizzy that will go with your ECU so if you go with the OBD1 get an OBD1 if you go OBD2 go OBD2 dizzy.

What year car is this going into? Do you have to pass an inspection to get tags where you live?

it s going into a 93 civic VX no i dont have to worry about inspection

another question are B series alternators universal?

Quoted post[/post]]
You will need an OBD2B ecu a P28 to be exact, unless you are going to tune then you will want to get an OBD2B to OBD1 harness and run an OBD1 ecu. You will also need dizzy that will go with your ECU so if you go with the OBD1 get an OBD1 if you go OBD2 go OBD2 dizzy.
Stop!
Wrong information wTF?
There is no obd2b p28 ecu.
Why would he want to keep an obd2 ecu for one, for two, why would he need a conversion harness?
Use the injectors/distributor and alternator from an obd1 B series (del sol DOHC VTEC)
Get the harness from the Si and the harness from the VX and wire it/cut splice/add etc.
Do not try to keep your car obd2, do not go looking for an obd2b p28 ecu.
My suggestion is a chipped p28 (obd1 obviously) and wire the car up.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Stop!
Wrong information wTF?
There is no obd2b p28 ecu.
Why would he want to keep an obd2 ecu for one, for two, why would he need a conversion harness?
Use the injectors/distributor and alternator from an obd1 B series (del sol DOHC VTEC)
Get the harness from the Si and the harness from the VX and wire it/cut splice/add etc.
Do not try to keep your car obd2, do not go looking for an obd2b p28 ecu.
My suggestion is a chipped p28 (obd1 obviously) and wire the car up.

Wow, I am glad someone corrected him. With over 1400 posts, you have to wonder....

first of all, post count doesnt matter.
secondly, it could very well typo.
third, get a P28 w/UberData or Crome convert to OBD1 and you'll be golden.

Quoted post[/post]]
first of all, post count doesnt matter.
secondly, it could very well typo.
third, get a P28 w/UberData or Crome convert to OBD1 and you'll be golden.
How do you make a typo on making an obd1 93 VX requiring an obd2b p28 with conversion harness?
If he thought it was obd2 the harness wouldn't have been mentioned, holy smokes.
I agree with the rest though :p
p28+Crome for teh win!1one!

Back