B20Z in a CRX... what tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thewiz666

I couldn't find my old post about wanting to put a ZC in my car from before, but I've now switched plans over to using a B20Z in my 90' CRX Si. What would be a good tranny to use with such a motor? The guy I have to do it still has an LS tranny that could be used, or we could try to find something else that could work better... any suggestions? LSD is still a must, winter is closing in on me.

if turbo is in your future, the ls tranny might not be a bad option. but for an all motor application, go with the b16 tranny.

Any 90-93 Integra, or 90-91 Civic SiR tranny will work, but the LSD equipped JDM trannies are the best. They come optional in the Civic/CRX SiR, and a few of the Special Edition JDM Integra's had them. XTi? I think that was what the Teg's were called overseas.

yeah ls 1st gear+ nice turbo spool...but all motor b16, nice short close gears....but hard to find now a days...i have an extra b16 conversion at the moment, if you can't find anything give me an e-mail, i may be willing to break it up, i've kinda been waiting for a friend to buy the conversion but hes lagging...

I wasn't sure if an LS tranny would be allright or not, but I'm definitely looking for an LSD unit due to the winters around here. I don't have plans to ever turbo the motor, so perhaps the LS isn't for me? It's funny, the guy I have to do the sway has a '93 XSi with a B17 in it. He just finished installing an S80 ITR tranny about a week ago with some new cable-hydro converter he bought. Went out it in last night, and it was so smooth.

B16CRX, is that tranny an LSD one BTW?

Back