1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20Z in a CRX... what tranny?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Thewiz666, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Thewiz666

Thewiz666 Member

I couldn't find my old post about wanting to put a ZC in my car from before, but I've now switched plans over to using a B20Z in my 90' CRX Si. What would be a good tranny to use with such a motor? The guy I have to do it still has an LS tranny that could be used, or we could try to find something else that could work better... any suggestions? LSD is still a must, winter is closing in on me.

2. Half Trak

Half Trak Member

Go with a b16 tranny with lsd if you could find one. If not just a regular b16 tranny is fine.

3. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

if turbo is in your future, the ls tranny might not be a bad option. but for an all motor application, go with the b16 tranny.

4. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

Any 90-93 Integra, or 90-91 Civic SiR tranny will work, but the LSD equipped JDM trannies are the best. They come optional in the Civic/CRX SiR, and a few of the Special Edition JDM Integra's had them. XTi? I think that was what the Teg's were called overseas.

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

6. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

yeah ls 1st gear+ nice turbo spool...but all motor b16, nice short close gears....but hard to find now a days...i have an extra b16 conversion at the moment, if you can't find anything give me an e-mail, i may be willing to break it up, i've kinda been waiting for a friend to buy the conversion but hes lagging...

7. Thewiz666

Thewiz666 Member

I wasn't sure if an LS tranny would be allright or not, but I'm definitely looking for an LSD unit due to the winters around here. I don't have plans to ever turbo the motor, so perhaps the LS isn't for me? It's funny, the guy I have to do the sway has a '93 XSi with a B17 in it. He just finished installing an S80 ITR tranny about a week ago with some new cable-hydro converter he bought. Went out it in last night, and it was so smooth.

B16CRX, is that tranny an LSD one BTW?

8. Thewiz666

Thewiz666 Member

Just got the B20Z on Monday.... still looking for 'right' tranny, and LSD....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted