B20Z into 1997 hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deity

hey guys need some help with everything. let me explain my situation

car = 1997 ej6 hatchback currently with a d16y8 swap.

donor car = 2001 honda crv w/ b20z2

Integra donor car = all 5 mounts, ecu, transmission, dizzy, intermediate shaft, starter et cetera.

acouple questions here,

the rear mount that i ripped out of the crv looks almost identical to that of the 1999-2000 civic si. will this mount work?

i have an ls intake manifold off of a 96 integra ls. the b20z injectors are mint. can i use the b20z injectors in the ls fuelrail/intake manifold combo?

does anyone have any tips/suggestions with the driver side upper cup mount. do i absolutley NEED an si one? or can i just completely pull the one off of the y8 and mount it to the block.

ive heard alot of different things, so ive come to the source looking for some clearity.

heres some pics of the new motor up on the stand. im working on ripping out the intake mani now, but i want to make sure about the injector interchangeability first. i like taking my time and doing things right.

thanks you guys.

On the injectors you can use the integra intake and the crv fuel injectors will keep you with the stock power of that motor. you can also use the crv fuel rail to theses b series are the same. on the mounts your gonna have to use the 99-00 civic si rear bracket but retain your mount trust me there not the same they look the same but there not. on the driver side not sure if you can use the crv timing belt bracket on the mount i think you can use it. tell you what do this take your stock mount and match it to the bracket if it lines up then use the bracket. also if you wann use the crv mount try the same thing and see if it lines up in your car. I think it will becuse the look the same to me when i checked it out. hope this helps

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 5 2005, 10:11 PM
On the injectors you can use the integra intake and the crv fuel injectors will keep you with the stock power of that motor. you can also use the crv fuel rail to theses b series are the same. on the mounts your gonna have to use the 99-00 civic si rear bracket but retain your mount trust me there not the same they look the same but there not. on the driver side not sure if you can use the crv timing belt bracket on the mount i think you can use it. tell you what do this take your stock mount and match it to the bracket if it lines up then use the bracket. also if you wann use the crv mount try the same thing and see if it lines up in your car. I think it will becuse the look the same to me when i checked it out. hope this helps

ya boy steveo
[post=495727]Quoted post[/post]​

true that.

ive heard multiple places that the rear mount is the same as the 99-00 si

one source being hybrid honda

update. 99-01 B20B/B20Z Rear mount DOES work for 96-00 EJ/EK swaps.

also, stock b20z injectors and fuel pressure regulator do not work in a B18B fuel rail/intake manifold. as the injectors are too short. and the FPR has a different bolt pattern.

will keep everyone updated with sundrey things i find. as i know this swap isnt completely clear to everyone as to the specifics.

Allright angery bear your WRONG the mounts are not the same and the info your geting is incorrect. 99-00 civic si bracket is not the same as the CRV bracket. If you listen to this idiot your gonna have one very cocked motor you use your mount and a civic si bracket. On the fuel injectors they are the same all B series are the same just not the old prelude f20b. The diffrence in the LS and CRV motors is the bore. The blocks are all the same. Check this out. hope this helps ya man.

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 8 2005, 08:57 AM
Allright angery bear your WRONG the mounts are not the same and the info your geting is incorrect. 99-00 civic si bracket is not the same as the CRV bracket. If you listen to this idiot your gonna have one very cocked motor you use your mount and a civic si bracket. On the fuel injectors they are the same all B series are the same just not the old prelude f20b. The diffrence in the LS and CRV motors is the bore. The blocks are all the same. Check this out. hope this helps ya man.

ya boy steveo
[post=496518]Quoted post[/post]​

There are "spacer"washers on some injector/ fuel rail combo's The difference is not actually the injectors .. its the intake manifold. All fuel rails arent the same either.

did you mean the b20a5 dude?
an f20b would be pretty nice to have, but it's hardly a B series :blink: :D

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 8 2005, 08:57 AM

ya boy steveo

the b20z2 injectors are WAY different than the b18b injectors. you are wrong. i have both and WILL take pics.

also, i have the crv bracket lined up next to a 96 integra ls mount. its shorter, just like the 99-00 si.

ill admit that the b20z shares alot of b18b similarites. but the whole intake system is different.

*****UPDATE*****

b20z2 injectors:

b18b1 injectors:

and your going to tell me those injectors are the same?

will someone knowledgeable please chime in here.

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 8 2005, 02:57 PM

ya boy steveo

How are you going to tell teh guy, that started the post, not to listen to HIMSELF, and that he is wrong, when he has all teh parts in front of him?

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 9 2005, 12:02 AM-->
96CIVICLS
@May 8 2005, 02:57 PM

ya boy steveo

How are you going to tell teh guy, that started the post, not to listen to HIMSELF, and that he is wrong, when he has all teh parts in front of him?
[post=496800]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you, now, i need to figure out this mount situation. can anyone offer help here? has anyone actually tried the CRV bracket?

hybrid honda has it posted on their site that it works, its not a lame ass thread like this one with no replys but a noob who thinks he knows b20's in their forum.

anyone please? i need to call up the dealer if it isnt going to work.

Back