Back again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver

Hey everyone, I used to frequent the site back in the day, but then joined the dark side and bought a DSM. Since then (about two years ago) I haven't been here at all, but I still recognize a few familiar people like Calesta or (of course) Brian.

Since then I've learned a lot about forced induction systems, so now I come back and can actually contribute something to the forums :mrgreen:

Just wanted to say hi again.

Tom

Hey, yeah I've seen a lot more people that look familiar. I didn't think I used to post a lot, but apparently I have 500 somehow :mrgreen:

Avatar has not blown up actually, these cars have much less problems than everyone used to tell me. In fact nothing has broken on its own other than a blown fuse. The power these things make for the amount of money is ridiculous, and the AWD launches are just really nice.

As for the shit trannies, mine's not grinding or in bad shape at all, even a hard 1-2 shift at redline doesn't phase it.

It's nice to come back to an actual technical forum after reading some of the retarded shit on some of the DSM boards.

yeah, DSM boards ARE retarded. but welcome back!

i will soon be in the land of DSM's with my 4g63-hybrid motor being built for my mirage.

no F/I either.

wNjU2MzI2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
What up

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, DSM boards ARE retarded. but welcome back!

i will soon be in the land of DSM's with my 4g63-hybrid motor being built for my mirage.

no F/I either.

F that get an SR y0

eh. drop in built 4g63 N/A = more power/torque and tons better gas mileage, all for 1/2 the price of a sr swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
wNjU2MzI2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

that is one of the best DSM pics ever.

i have NEVER EVER seen that clean of a crank/pistons from a 4g63... except when new. :ph34r:

I'm so scared to actually check my crank endplay :ph34r:
Good to see some of you again too, TPP, civicious, cashizslick and turbomirage i all remember.

You gotta boost that 4g63, it's a crime against nature not to.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm so scared to actually check my crank endplay :ph34r:
Good to see some of you again too, TPP, civicious, cashizslick and turbomirage i all remember.

You gotta boost that 4g63, it's a crime against nature not to.

no no no, you mean its a crime against nature to have a RELIABLE 4g63. :laugh:

yeah id just build it up first. if he ever wanted to boost it later it would be retardedly easy and cheap to junkyard boost that motor.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah id just build it up first. if he ever wanted to boost it later it would be retardedly easy and cheap to junkyard boost that motor.

oh god yeah, but i think what im looking for will be good enough for a very fast 2050lb car. im just going to run a little nitrous instead.

I've had two DSMs. A 91 Talon TSi and a 95 Talon TSi. The 91 threw a rod and the 95 blew the rear differential. AWD launches are awesome though. I've seen a 1st gen DSM put down 300 whp with a fuel cut defenser, boost cut eliminator, downpipe, FMIC, and exhaust. That is just ridiculous. I also think the 2nd gen DSM is one of the best looking imports ever. If they could have only been reliable.

Back