backfiring too much and not going anywhere

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xxiong88

My car is B18A1 in a EF civic. My car has codes 5, 10, 14, and 43. Not sure what to do. My car was running fine but I went to fill up the gas and parked it for a while. I drove it for a few minutes then it just lost power and started to backfire non stop. When you try to floor it, backfires even more. What is wrong with my car?

5 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor
14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve
43 Fuel supply system

What do I do to fix these things?

it might be the fuel problem. not sure what to do right now.

we found the source of this crap. It was the rotor inside the distributor. It was off, the screw came off. We got a new cap and rotor so its all good now. Too bad it couldnt shoot a code for distributor. My car almost blew up. It is fixed now and driving great.

i got a 1991 crx si and i want 2 do a b18 with a b16 head i belave its called a ls vetc any way i need 2 know what i have 2 do 2 do this please let me know its has a 1.6 in it but i have a b16 and a b18 motor so please help thank you chris

1991 crx si
1990 crx si selling parts
1987 toyota supra turbo 4 sale 2500 obo
1998 mit evo

i got a 1991 crx si and i want 2 do a b18 with a b16 head i belave its called a ls vetc any way i need 2 know what i have 2 do 2 do this please let me know its has a 1.6 in it but i have a b16 and a b18 motor so please help thank you chris

1991 crx si
1990 crx si selling parts
1987 toyota supra turbo 4 sale 2500 obo
1998 mit evo

The LS/VTEC Swap

this guide should help with the swap. You should be able to use the crx si wire harness or probably the b18 wiring. you also need b18 axles for the swap, swap shift links and swap motor mounts. I have never done lsvtec before. I only have the B18A1 in there that doesnt have vtec. Might have to do a little wiring to get the vtec to work. cant help you much.

Back