Backup Lights/eacv

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pjhaddock

OK, can someone tell me how these two things are related with the wiring. My EACV does not have 12V power when the ignition is on, so the engine does not run right of course. Also my backup lights do not work. However if I manually apply power to the EACV power wire, it works fine, and the engine runs. BUT, my backup lights turn on and will not shut off. What the heck gives here? This car was given to me, its a 88 Civic Hatchback DX, with a ZC engine swap. Seems the people who did the wiring messed it up. I THINK I got all of it fixed except for this issue as there is no check engine light anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I traced the EACV wire by testing continuity with a multi-meter to a large white plug on the right side of the engine compartment near the firewall, from there it goes through the firewall and I cannot find it on the other end to finish the trace. going by color, there are 2 the same color on the inside, but neither of them test out to be the same wire. Are there any wiring diagrams out there that show where these wires go? This sux because I have no idea what the people who did it did so I dont know where to look for information.

Back