bad new

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calvin

He people.
After a long time i'm back.
I was busy programming my ecu.

I have bad news.
We were busy with 2 cars (turbo project)
Well my friend's civc the red one with a b16a2.
Engine fucked up. a valve retrainer broke while dragging.
We haven't had time to lose the head of the engine but one valve fell into the engine.

Calvin

Sadly this post was in english, but there was no real story to this post, nor was there any question or reactionary statement made.

I put my car on the dyno when it had the stock motor and cracked a few pistons I rebuilt the motor with Eagle rods and SRP pistons/JE rings drove around for 1000 miles to break in the motor then put it on the dyno and found out I had an auto head on my B16 meaning it only has 16 valve springs VS 24 for the 5 speed B16 heads well under boost I shot some valves thru my new pistons breaking off the top and pretty much making my sleeves into well not much at all F=ed them all up and had to resleeve it as with new pistons and rods

all this happened in about 2-3 weeks time I blew up TWO motors and spend about $5-6K more then I wanted to on engine mods

so should I feel sad about your friends car?

tell him welcome to the club

for those of you who don't know- Calvin is from the Netherlands. His english isn't the best- but at least its readable. More than I can say for some people who post here who SPEAK english as a first language

I just want to know what your valvetrain setup was when you broke a retainer, and what kind of retainer was it?

Back