Baldies on the front or back?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
so yesterday i took a look under the 'ol frog and noticed my rear azenis sports were fairly well bald. nice and straight across the tire, no toe wear or anything (my alignments damn good) but you can just barely, barely see the tread lines in the tire. so i took em off, but i cant afford new tires, but it is ofcourse auto x time-
So, for auto x, would it be better to run my now slick azenis on the front or the rear? common sense would say leave em on the rear, but then again, they are slicks now.... so im curious...

-Chris

I was always told to keep the baldest tire up front, but that was what I have been told.

I was always told to keep the baldest tire up front, but that was what I have been told.

what?
lol

normally to concerve the tire you would wanna keep it away from the drive wheels...
if you won't be able to afford tires for a while i would keep them on the rear or else you're gonna eat through the tires and get flats with the quickness...

no way- leave 'em on the back.

you will still have traction, acceleration, and turning ability up front, and the ass end will dance around like you have a 40mm sway bar on it :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2005, 09:11 AM

you will still have traction, acceleration, and turning ability up front, and the ass end will dance around like you have a 40mm sway bar on it :)
[post=483668]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah mad E-brake drifts yo! :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2005, 12:11 PM

[post=483668]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:

throw them fuckers in the back

i think mine may be getting a little bald too.

gallery_28741_116_5640.jpg

is it even sainly wise to even use bald tires as slicks, i mean, slicks are made for a specific purpose, they have rubber, ur bald tires don't, ohh well, its your wreck :)

yeah, keep those tires in the back, they will hold up alot longer for you to save your money. or you can take b's advise and start driften :)

bald tires tend to be uhm... well not very sticky/grippy/soft...

if you use some tire softener then they can make some damn good slicks...

but its ghetto and ghetto always leads to ghetto results...

i wonder if baldies will make sparks when doing smokey burnouts once the steel belt gets to the pavement...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 8 2005, 06:58 PM
i wonder if baldies will make sparks when doing smokey burnouts once the steel belt gets to the pavement...
[post=484916]Quoted post[/post]​

yes
studded snows work better
but yes

Back