ball joints?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ailachami

when im driving on a straight smooth road the alignment is perfect. but when i get into a small bumb or pothole, the steering is out of control. sometimes it steer left or right. it sucks because the road where i has lots of potholes or bumbs due to potholes covering. is it because of my upper ball joint or my lower ball joint has gone bad? i had alignment not too long ago when i installed my camber kit. car is a eg civic hatch. please help :worthy:

what kind of tires do you have? Good tires like Potenza S03's or Falken Azenies will cause your car to do that. One test to see if your ball joints are good or not is to raise your car up and suspend the car up on jackstands. Next grab the wheel at 6 and 12 oclock and try and rotate the wheel by pushing and pulling at 6 and 12. Get what I am saying? If there is major movement then one of your ball joints is fucked. Next to check your tire rod, do the same thing at 3 and 9 oclock. If the steering lock is on, then it won't move much. If you can rock it, then your tire rods are probally shot.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 25 2004, 11:54 AM
what kind of tires do you have? Good tires like Potenza S03's or Falken Azenies will cause your car to do that. One test to see if your ball joints are good or not is to raise your car up and suspend the car up on jackstands. Next grab the wheel at 6 and 12 oclock and try and rotate the wheel by pushing and pulling at 6 and 12. Get what I am saying? If there is major movement then one of your ball joints is fucked. Next to check your tire rod, do the same thing at 3 and 9 oclock. If the steering lock is on, then it won't move much. If you can rock it, then your tire rods are probally shot.
[post=422084]Quoted post[/post]​

another thing is check the bushing on ur car,mine went bad and i had to buy after market ones.

I got Azenis up front on my daily prelude, and it does the same thing. Driving on the Belt Parkway is a bitch because it's real uneven. Driving over the Goethals which is like MAYBE a 20 feet wide 2 lane bridge is a real pain in the ass, cause NY and NJ people can't drive for shit. They're like within inches of you, and you know what could happen if the car decided to pull a little towards the center, or even the end. I don't think my front end would like to see the inside of a center divider.

the worst is grooved pavememnt. get tossed around like a gay guys asshole. LMAO. sorry, bad exmaple.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 8 2004, 11:26 AM
the worst is grooved pavememnt. get tossed around like a gay guys asshole. LMAO. sorry, bad exmaple.
[post=428503]Quoted post[/post]​

Naw thats what i was thinking, we got this spot on the 10 freefway going towards LA thats fuckin sucks monkey nuts. When i put my Azenis on and hit that shit i felt a few times like some one was hiting my car from the side it pulled so hard, was scary as fuck. Especialy because i had just spun the teg on the free way a few moneths befor from a blow out.

Back