Barbara Bush and the NO disaster...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HAHAHAHAHA

I wonder who approved that, and if they're chuckling right now

Some of you people complaining about being poor and underpriveleged need to read a book called Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. (Here's my source for Airjockie.) Then you'll learn that the reason most people are rich, is because they know a lot about investments, and how to make money work for them, not them work for money. I've read it 3 times, and I've already learned SO much. You all complain so much about taxes and shit, but have no idea how to just beat them. Rich people are rich because they know how to get paid before paying taxes in a perfectly legal manner.

And I also agree with Mrs. Bush. Most of the affected people have been living off the goverment, and they are also the ones to complain when something goes wrong. I worry about the future of this country too, but I am scared that our Nation's decisions are going to be made from a welfare sucking leech.

Bad things happen every day. Every bad moment in our lives shouldn't constitute a windfall of cash. We all die, and tragedies happen over and over.

If a fucking semi was picked up by the wind and dropped on my house, killing everyone but me, Uncle Sam would be right there to tell me I have X amount of days to clean up the garbage. I wouldn't get a fucking check, subsidized housing, or any help.

Those that own houses, should have insurance. Renters should have renter's insurance. I think we should help these people get back on their feet, but I don't believe we should GIVE them anything. The government could help just as much by giving low interest loans to those wishing to rebuild. If not, MOVE MOTHERFUCKERS. You live in Hurricane alley, in a city that is technically below sea level. Yay, go back and see titties at Mardi Gras, then leave again.

The hardest part of this is what has happened to the children. They have to readjust, lose friends one way or another, and they have had no choice in where they live. Their choices were made for them and they have to pay.

This is another great reminder why I live in the Northwest. We get a lot of rain, but the weather is much milder in every season, and we don't get tornados or hurricanes. Tsunami is our worst fear, however unlikely.

i agree with giving an hand not a handout. this goes twice for people who live in tornado alley. i chuckled too when a man said, "hell we're never going to leave, we're just gonna keep rebuilding." WTF MAN~!?

whats even sadder is people are already starting to scam this shit.

time for my rant...

Here's the pisser... Gov Rell has setup to give these "refugees" housing, jobs, MONEY, clothes, furniture... EVERYTHING to restart their lives here in East Haven CT... And nobody is taking it. Everybody says "If its not in New Orleans, I don't want it"... They even interviewed somebody who said "i'd rather live on welfare down here, then move up there"... I mean you ungrateful fuckers! We are offering to help restart your life better than you were, and you won't take it!?!??

There was a guy from CA who owned a bunch of car dealers in CA & AZ. He flew to NO to interview people for jobs, and was planning on paying to move them AND THEIR FAMILIES to CA & AZ, set them up in housing, and give them jobs in his dealerships... He said he thought he bit off more than he could chew, because the 50 people he interviewed, were all unskilled laborers, none of which acted like they even wanted a job... They acted like they wanted a handout.

I have a job.. I am over-worked & underpaid... I make about 80% less than the other people in the same position as me, but do you see me bitching and complaining and demanding better things? NO. Because thats the way things work... You have to WORK for things... Alot of these people in NO lived in shitholes, in poverty, with no work... but didnt care.. The rent was probably NOTHING, everything down there was cheap, so they could afford to live on welfare.

Now I know the statements I have made dont relate to everybody down there... And some people DID work hard for what they had... And its understandable to not want to move.. But at the same time.. What is better for you and your family? Live in an arena for the next year doing nothing, and wasting your life away? Or taking advantage of a great opportunity that the government and the great citizens of this country are GIVING you, and make life better for you and your family?

The other thing that concerns me, is that as soon as the hurricane happened, people started blaming our President for every thing. Like he can control the weather, and Katrina is HIS fault?! Everyone is pointing fingers at the federal government, but what has the local government (mayor, governor, and senators) done to help NO citizens? Not a lot from what I've heard on the news. If there is a tornado here in Colorado, why should people be complaining about Bush when it's the local government's job to lend the helping hand?

and what happens when your local gov't resources have been shipped overseas by the federal gov't?

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 9 2005, 04:52 PM
It's not what Bush did, it's what Bush didn't do. He didn't leave his vacation to take care of one of the worst, if not the worst, natural disasters on American soil. He could have watched the Weather Channel like the rest of of us and seen that this was going to be one hell of a storm. He could have had the aid on standby so it actually could have been there the next day. What did the local governments do? They were the ones risking their lives in the first few days while our government had it's collective thumb up its ass and our dear President made even more money for the top 1%. Bush didn't cause the hurricane, he didn't cause the damage, and he also didn't do what a real leader would have done, cancel his vacation for the good of his people.

It's not about Democrats, Republicans, liberals or conservatives, it's about the fact that our Nation's leadership did a completely unacceptable job. It's all well and good to pass the blame to the head of FEMA, but where was his boss when the country needed him? He was on vacation. Had the country had real leadership in this time of crisis, things might have gone far better. Had Bush not made the choice for Iraqis over Americans, the National Gaurd might have been sent home sooner. He said something along the lines of, "there's only enough National Gaurd for one or the other." Hey, I'm all for cleaning up our mess but how about taking care of our own house a little better? Like Gingrich said, if this is the best we can do how do we possibly think we can handle a biological or nuclear attack on American soil?
[post=552048]Quoted post[/post]​

I was listening to 850AM radio this afternoon, and the dude was saying that Katrina might not even make top ten list of worst disasters. Sure the damage is great, but what natural disaster isn't? He was naming some storms and such that happened in like the 20's, 50's, 60's and 70's and the death tolls were over 2500. Katrina is bad, but not that bad.

I don't get why people expect him to make a State of the Union Address over every little thing. Sure, shit happens here in Colorado too. We get avalanches and tornadoes and some floods now and then, and I know they aren't as bad as Katrina, but why does everyone expect George W. Bush to call all the shots? Other people have brains too. There's no possible way to make every decision for every city in every state of the United States, so why does the nation expect it? That's why there is something called Delegation. All I'm trying to say is, why didn't the local gov't take the step to request aid? All it takes is a phone call.

I wouldn't have left my vacation either. They were given a fair warning.

Yeah, no one has, to date, given me a reasonable argument why Bush is so bad. There is a lot of wierd oddities, like Halliburton, but no concrete proof or even evidence that it's at his hands.

The Roberts thing was evil - Calling congress to vacation and then pushing him through.. That was fucked up.

But other than that, Still - Worse than Clinton ? Heavens no - Not even close. Worse than Kennedy ? Worse than Carter ? Again, there isn't time in his term to catch up to that.

If any of the armchair politicians think they could be a better world leader, apply, if not, your comments mean less than zero.

NO knew the levees were an issue, and local government should have acted. They didn't, the city is suffering now.

Residents knew the levees were an issue, and given plenty of warning, along with hopefully having the common sense to get out, or face the consequences.

Message to ungrateful residents...NO as you knew it is gone, get over it. Accept the new lives you are being offered, when and where they are being offered, if not, than stop fucking whining because now you might have to work for a life instead of continue wallowing in your waterlogged slums. Conditions, I'm sure, suck in any of the mass shelters, but what do you expect the goverment to do about it? Shit out over half a million houses?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 10 2005, 04:16 PM
Message to ungrateful residents...NO as you knew it is gone, get over it. Accept the new lives you are being offered, when and where they are being offered, if not, than stop fucking whining because now you might have to work for a life instead of continue wallowing in your waterlogged slums. Conditions, I'm sure, suck in any of the mass shelters, but what do you expect the goverment to do about it? Shit out over half a million houses?
[post=552416]Quoted post[/post]​

I couldn't have said it better myself!! :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 7 2005, 03:59 PM
being poor does not make a person under privilideged. thats a rich person's point of view.

hell, i'm under priveledged compared to her left sock.

and i would be offended if my house was destryed in this mess.
[post=550832]Quoted post[/post]​

So glad to see nothing has changed.....

/memories...

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 10 2005, 04:16 PM
If any of the armchair politicians think they could be a better world leader, apply, if not, your comments mean less than zero.

NO knew the levees were an issue, and local government should have acted. They didn't, the city is suffering now.

Residents knew the levees were an issue, and given plenty of warning, along with hopefully having the common sense to get out, or face the consequences.

[post=552416]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: I couldn't agree more!

People need to stop placing the blame solely on Bush! What a lot of people don't realize is that in a situation like this, there is a hierarchy that must be followed. In the case of a city like New Orleans, it is the local government's responsibility to decide issues like whether or not the city should be evacuated, when to do it, where to send people, etc. If they feel like it's too big for them to handle alone, then they must ask the state government for help. And then, If, AND ONLY IF, the state government cannot handle the problem and decide to petition the federal government to intervene is the President allowed to send in the national guard! AND THAT'S LAW FOLKS!

It was set up that way on purpose, to prevent the federal government from being able to occupy a state using the military. Bush could not have legally sent in the Guard until the state of Louisiana formally requested his assistance!

So in my opinion, the local and the state governments are far more at fault than Bush was...

And as was mentioned, people in the area knew full well that a Category 5 storm was on the way, and that the possibilty of the levees breaking and the city being flooded was very very real! Those people chose to risk their own lives, and they should therefore be extremely thankful and grateful for any help that they recieve!

Back