1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

battery relocate and redoing grounds

Discussion in 'Integra' started by monty92, Nov 11, 2009.

1. monty92

monty92 New Member

what would i need to relocate the battery in the trunk? If i redo all the main power wires and grounds to the same guage as my power wire, does anyone know if that'll help with my headlights diming when my stereo hits?

2. billcass

billcass New Member

nope, the only thing that will help u would be a capacitor(s) or a bigger battery or alternator. Dont think caps will always fix it though, i have a capacitor and my head lights still dim horribly if i have it turned up high. they do help though

3. OGMatt

OGMatt Not a real OG lol

Are you sure you have a seald battery?

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Sealed battery or a real "sealed"/vented battery box.
    2 gauge wire minimum. Bigger if you have a gnarly system in your car.
    Grounds as normal, but in the rear, I would suggest grounding to both the shock tower and the rear bumper support for a good solid ground. And yes, a properly sized capacitor and a good working alternator should fix the dimming issues.

5. monty92

monty92 New Member

the alternator has been rebuilt i was talking to an installed and he said if u match ur factory grounds for your motor and you battery to the same gauge as your power wire it should help with that issue to cause less restriction. so i was wondering if anyone knew or has done that. for putting the battery in the trunk i was told i could get away with a 4 gauge anyone know if its true?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted