Battery Relocation on CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

I did a search, and couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if anyone on here has done a battery relocation on their CRX and if so could provide some info. I was planning on using the Moroso box and what not, so any info will help.

theres nothing to it. put battery in the rear, and run the nessessary wires from the engine bay. what are you having trouble wit?

Just wondering things like where you mounted your box, if I need a box(I've heard things about the battery fumes?) what size wire should be used, where you ran your wires through the fire wall and if it is a good idea to relocate or if it is unneccessary. My first post was a little incomplete, I typed it while rushing to get to my 2nd hour.

its pretty simple.get a really thick gauge wire about 20 ft"you cut off the extra"
and a black wire same gauge about 4 ft"ground. there is a little grommet up above the ecu.It is a little black plug you can push wire through it or completely remove it.hook up the wire in the old locations and you done with the wires.i dont have a flasy metal box in my hatch i got a cheap plastic box and bolted it to the rear end right above were the spare tire would go? but i got a question why would you relocate if you do not need it?

ya if you have an intake on a CRX its probably a good idea to re-locate it, i know it its on the + side of the battery, it accually put a pin-hole in my intake. i had to put a very small piece of tape over it. the engine bay looks a little bit cleaner also without the battery.

try ebay.for 50 bucks they have the whole kit for the relocation. and you do need a box if your racing at a drag strip.

Back