Beaks kit install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

Well I finally Finished my sway bar install this weekend, some of you asked for a small write up so here it is.

First raise the vehicle of course
Remove the bolt holding the lower control arm on the frame

The parts
ITR JDM 23mm sway bar
ITR US 22mm d brackets
ITR JDM 23mm rubber bushings
Beaks EG kit
12pn.jpg

or
pic 1

First put the front half of the kit on as shown, make sure that it lines up straight then mark it so you can drill a hole in the subframe next to where the abs bracket hole is. This car does not include abs so i dont have to shave the abs bracket like i would on a newer Integra.
21ge.jpg

or
pic 2

A 3/8 drill bit is needed, after you drill the hole it should look something like this.
33kq.jpg

or
pic 3
Install the kit after the holes are drilled which is pretty straight forward, the kit goes on at the same time with the swaybar. Make sure you have someone helping you with this because it takes some shifting on the other side to line up the kit properly.
47je.jpg

or
pic 4
I drilled out my lower control arms and used grade 8 bolts and nuts, if you wish to follow my method its at your own risk but i have gone over a year with a gsr bar installed with no problems. If you are not comfortable with this just purchase some gsr lower control arms or an omni power or similar LCA.
51zl.jpg

or
pic 5

I have to say the beaks kit is very simple and easy to install but is high quality and worth every penny I spent on it. Wil at www.beaksproducts.com was a lot of help and even went to acura and bought the 22mm d brackets for me. The difference with this bar is night and day,I like the way the car handles so much better. The rear end slides a little around hard corners but the vehicle is stil controlled. Oversteer really isnt to bad, all in all its an awesome upgrade for not a lot of money. I hope this helps everyone, feel free to ask questions.

I have since added Integra lower control arms with the sway bar mounting points.

Group shot of my car and friends.

73ul.jpg

right click on pic, show picture if it doesnt load for some reason

1user posted image
2user posted image
3user posted image
4user posted image
5user posted image
6user posted image
7user posted image

This is all I get when I view this thread.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jan 23 2005, 12:34 PM
1user posted image
2user posted image
3user posted image
4user posted image
5user posted image
6user posted image
7user posted image

This is all I get when I view this thread.
[post=450001]Quoted post[/post]​

Mee tooo....\
:linksucks:

My image host is being ghey I will try to fix the problem.

Back