"beaks" Kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
anyone have any info on this?

I was talking to chris about running the ITR rear sway on my car, and he mentioned i need this beaks kit to make it happen, and the D brakets aren't right... anyone know whats up

you don't need a beaks kit, but i'd run one with itr sway bar. you are more at risk to tear the subframe...

i'd get a comptech sway bar, or progress auto. they are designed to bolt right on without the same risks to tear the subframe. while i'm mostly an OEM honda person, honda simply didn't design the civic chassis to have an itr sway bar...mounted in the same position...so unless you use a beaks kit i'd suggest getting the bars i mentioned above.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 19 2003, 10:11 PM

I was talking to chris about running the ITR rear sway on my car, and he mentioned i need this beaks kit to make it happen, and the D brakets aren't right... anyone know whats up

hehe, i asked about these about a month ago
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=ST&f=11&t=3372
i ended up getting the kit. it comes with everything you need, except the endlinks, those you need to get yourself. the pieces look pretty solid, and it puts the sway bar further away from the sub frame, than if you were to just bolt up the D link to the subframe. it looks like this relieves some stress off the endlinks. i haven't had much driving time with it, because about 5 days after installing it, i wrecked my car, but once i get driving again i can give a better explaination.

the kit (full swap kit) comes with urthane D brackets for the itr sway. you will have to drill 2 holes in your subframe to accomodate the larger diameter sway bar (this was a lot easier than i thought)

Originally posted by chet@Jan 20 2003, 01:28 AM
you don't need a beaks kit, but i'd run one with itr sway bar. you are more at risk to tear the subframe...

i'd get a comptech sway bar, or progress auto. they are designed to bolt right on without the same risks to tear the subframe. while i'm mostly an OEM honda person, honda simply didn't design the civic chassis to have an itr sway bar...mounted in the same position...so unless you use a beaks kit i'd suggest getting the bars i mentioned above.

ya u can do the flip the bracket to the other side method with generic D bracket. works with no drilling or anything, just a lil grinding down of the D bracket.

the big problem with the ITR rear sway is having the suspension that can handle it. if its too soft the body roll in combo with the sway bar will put too much stress on the subframe and cause it to fail. with stiff enough susp.its not a problem. the beaks kit just helps offset that stress.

Originally posted by B16+Jan 20 2003, 11:29 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 19 2003, 10:11 PM

I was talking to chris about running the ITR rear sway on my car, and he mentioned i need this beaks kit to make it happen, and the D brakets aren't right...  anyone know whats up

hehe, i asked about these about a month ago
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=ST&f=11&t=3372
i ended up getting the kit. it comes with everything you need, except the endlinks, those you need to get yourself. the pieces look pretty solid, and it puts the sway bar further away from the sub frame, than if you were to just bolt up the D link to the subframe. it looks like this relieves some stress off the endlinks. i haven't had much driving time with it, because about 5 days after installing it, i wrecked my car, but once i get driving again i can give a better explaination.

the kit (full swap kit) comes with urthane D brackets for the itr sway. you will have to drill 2 holes in your subframe to accomodate the larger diameter sway bar (this was a lot easier than i thought)

"for factory rear anti-sway bar equipped Civics and Integras"

well, i dont have jack shit on it from the factory.

i will be running itr LCA's... this sucks. i dont know what im doing for once in my life. lol

Run the ITR LCAs and a good beefy sway bar in the stock mount location- then run a nice beefy tie bar to prevent tear-out. A few of my friends use this setup with no issues. The Progress kit (and a few others) include a tie bar setup / brace in the kit integrated into the mount to strengthen the rear lower subframe- it's a good alternative as well. The kits that bolt the sway bar to the LCA mount location work well too... the LCA pivot is a stronger area than the stock ITR mount locations. My Eibach bar mounts at the LCA pivots, and it's been fine for over a year now.

Back