Before I install...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I just learned that my GSR has more than 60,000 miles. What would you all do before installing? Should I replace the timing belt? What else? Also, what do you all recommend I use for engine oil and transmission fluid. (I have LSD tranny)

Thanks

Originally posted by truoss@Dec 24 2003, 08:59 PM
I just learned that my GSR has more than 60,000 miles. What would you all do before installing? Should I replace the timing belt? What else? Also, what do you all recommend I use for engine oil and transmission fluid. (I have LSD tranny)

Thanks

Front main seal, Rear main seal, 10W 40 synthetic MobleOne or better, Synthetic Manual transmission fluid (B&M) Or (Red Line)

Front main is where the oil pump is, rear main is where the flywheel is. Get a helms, it does wonders.

i agree with everything everyone has said already. Waterpump, timing belt, main seals, maybe some new gaskets, new fluids etc. It'll be a good idea to check a service manuel and see what they recommend to be changed as well!!!

which lsd do you have? honda oem? if so, use honda MTF for your tranny fluid. i like to use redline or synergen for motor oil.

Back