Before you hit the streets again...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kracer427

I don't know how many of you actually streetrace or even just drive around looking for a stoplight kill from time to time, but another i told you so....it's OKAY to do the speed limit!

Friend of mine just got the insurance money back from his GSR. It was nice, white, and had all the right upgrades to boot.
Story:
Was a little bored one night with nothing but time to kill and had never riden in my bud's C1 before so why not right? VTEC kicks ASS! So jumped in the car, drove around the block a few times. Went to a what we thought was "good spot" and laid down a few launches. Everything went good until we got a little paranoid when a rent-a-cop was sighted (don't need real cops around later, cops are gay). Haul'd ass outta there (i'm riding shottie), and he rounds a few corners and fails to see the two stop signs coming up. I'm like AHHHHH! he blows through one without realizing it's there and.....doesn't quite make it all the way through the second one :( A Dodge Dakota got in his way. Both cars totalled. Airbags are good. We went through some guys brick wall in his yard while the Dakota made friends with a lightpole. The guy in the dakota was going about 60 and we we doing about....alot more than that.
Moral: Keep it off the streets! Do the speed limit! We are lucky we aren't dead or killed the other guy. I know this may sound like a dumb story to some but please don't let it take $18,000 or your friend's life to figure it out. Spend the $15 some bucks and drag all day at the track with your friends. Coming from a prior street racer himself. :(

Originally posted by Kracer427@Jan 7 2004, 06:45 PM
I don't know how many of you actually streetrace or even just drive around looking for a stoplight kill from time to time, but another i told you so....it's OKAY to do the speed limit!

Friend of mine just got the insurance money back from his GSR. It was nice, white, and had all the right upgrades to boot.
Story:
Was a little bored one night with nothing but time to kill and had never riden in my bud's C1 before so why not right? VTEC kicks ASS! So jumped in the car, drove around the block a few times. Went to a what we thought was "good spot" and laid down a few launches. Everything went good until we got a little paranoid when a rent-a-cop was sighted (don't need real cops around later, cops are gay). Haul'd ass outta there (i'm riding shottie), and he rounds a few corners and fails to see the two stop signs coming up. I'm like AHHHHH! he blows through one without realizing it's there and.....doesn't quite make it all the way through the second one :( A Dodge Dakota got in his way. Both cars totalled. Airbags are good. We went through some guys brick wall in his yard while the Dakota made friends with a lightpole. The guy in the dakota was going about 60 and we we doing about....alot more than that.
Moral: Keep it off the streets! Do the speed limit! We are lucky we aren't dead or killed the other guy. I know this may sound like a dumb story to some but please don't let it take $18,000 or your friend's life to figure it out. Spend the $15 some bucks and drag all day at the track with your friends. Coming from a prior street racer himself. :(

Wait a minute.... your telling us to keep it off the streets and not to speed, when your friend ran a few stop signs? your friend was obviously stupid for running a damn stop sign.... i sure dont run stop signs or lights at that when im on the streets.....

granted yes.... street racing is bad.... and damnit, i hate the fact that its so damn fun.... but seriously.... when im out and about, unless im racing, im abiding the law %100 ( not speeding or running stop signs ) so dont give me no shit about all of this when your friend was runnin signs for fun.....

idk why ur busting on him chris. He's basicly saying LEARN FROM MY STUPID MISTAKE AND MY DUMB FRIEND MISTAKE (bad spelling). I mean the post kind odd but still the point is still their. Its cool to have fun in you car, but do it on a track!

kracer- glad to hear ur ok and everything, ok post, kind misdirected but cool all the same,lol (wow don't i feel like a teacher now,lol)

It does make sense what he is saying....There is a time and a place for it....I dont want to be one of those that say dont do and I do it myself but, I do it on the open road or a side road where there is less of a chance to hurt someone. I have three kids myself and would hate it if I hurt a family because of my stupidity....

I know there will be people on here with the bs flag in the air but I have seen my best friends brains all over the street because of the ass that was driving his car to fast......(he was in the back seat and landed 25 yards from the car..........

Big difference between what he and his friend did, and what i do.....

i only race when i feel the situation can be controlled.... no hauling ass in traffic, or busy streets, no runnign stop signs or lights.... granted yes, i know its not the best thing to do on the streets and should be kept at the track....

But his friend was being stupid while doing it, and he deserved the crash, i mean come on.... he ran a FEW stop signs, how can you do that and not expect to be in a crash.... yes, that does suck his car was totaled, and im sorry to hear that... but, all that teaches ya is not to run stop signs

Im done with this thread....

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Jan 7 2004, 10:25 PM
But his friend was being stupid while doing it, and he deserved the crash, i mean come on.... he ran a FEW stop signs, how can you do that and not expect to be in a crash.... yes, that does suck his car was totaled, and im sorry to hear that... but, all that teaches ya is not to run stop signs

Im done with this thread....

that is bs no one deserves to crash :nobreed:

Believe me, running stop signs is stupid, but point is if he wasn't dicking around and going as fast as he was, he would have seen them and would have his GSR right now. And NO, we didn't deserve to be in this crash as much as some may think. Just saying that it can happen to anybody and NO spot is safe for doing that kind of driving. I mean, we were in a VERY secluded spot (or so we thought). And it was TWO stop signs, directly after each other, not like we were going around running signs for shits. <_< Just hoping that some would learn from our mistake and not to promote stupid driving (I.E dumb kid who wants to race you in a stock civic) :angry:

Back