Best B16 series into a 95 Civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recently bought a 95 civic vtec. The motor is blown so i'm replacing it with hopefully a b16 series engine. I wanted some information on what would be the easiest swap to do and what cars i can get the engine out of. I've read in the forums the B16a2 and the B16a3 are the easiest but i've heard that the a2 isn't worth the trouble. Any information will help me.

All B16As are generally the same with reguards to power output, with the Japanese models putting an extra 10hp. The absolute easiest is a USDM 93-95 Delsol B16A3, plugs right in. The JDM one will require a couple extra steps for the wiring, and the OBD IIa or b 96-00 a couple more.

yeah, the gsr isn't exactly nickels and dimes above the b16a

but to answer your question- a USDM OBD I gsr would be the simplest swap- plug and play, with the exception of wiring for the IAB's

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Aug 25 2004, 06:41 PM
add a few more bucks and get a GSR, has more potential.
[post=381591]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea dude, just throw in a pack of smokes that'll cover it.

aight i live in Va so i dont have to worry bout it but the wire harness should plug up to the motor just switch ecu rite and axles and linkage anything else i need to look at in buyin to put this motor in?

EDIT*

Yes, the ECU should plug right in as long as it's OBD I. And use the other parts (axles, shiftlinkage, etc...) from a B series.

i got a B16a2 in EG , all you need B series front and rear tranny mount 94 and up i think,b series linkage 94 and up also any B series axles almost everything plugs right in.

Yup I want the same setup as you. I figure I won't miss the 10 hp and 13 lbs. of torque if I have never felt it. :)

Back