Best engine to start with??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if u want to make big power, best way is keep your b18 and go ls/vtec and boost it.

So what is wrong with the vtech head?

Nothing's wrong with it, he's just saying that if you want 400 RELIABLE horses, then you're going to need to do more then slapping a VTEC head on to your existing block. Pull the engine, pull the head, and start looking at forged internal parts and a sleeve job...

So I am looking at turbo kits right now...can anyone recommend a turbo for this setup? I found a Kit for around $650..any thoughts

Integra 94-01 Dc2 LS RS GS Turbo Kit B16 B18 Cast BOV:eBay Motors (item 120488698989 end time Nov-08-09 14:44:10 PST)

This kit uses a 35/38 mm wastegate..what turbo kit uses a 44mm?

Is the T04E not a powerful enough turbo to get the results I am looking for?

They're not criticizing your choice of turbo, they're criticizing your choice of cheap E-Bay turbo kits. If you want something reliable, then don't buy your turbo setup for less then a grand off of E-Bay. Those kits use generic parts and are notoriously unreliable.

Plunk down some extra money on quality parts. If you're going to do this, then do it right the first time...

I am thinking about buying one. A friend of a friend is selling his for a grand. Its a 1996 ls manual with 142k miles on it. I checked ebay, craigslist, and a few other online websites and this is the cheapest running honda/acura I can find. Edmunds says the car is worth about 1017 so I think this is a pretty decent deal for this car.

Nothing's wrong with it, he's just saying that if you want 400 RELIABLE horses, then you're going to need to do more then slapping a VTEC head on to your existing block. Pull the engine, pull the head, and start looking at forged internal parts and a sleeve job...

Could you recommend some brands or maybe even some models of forged pistons/rods?
About how much should I expect to pay to have the sleeves put in ?...I have a guy thats going to help me do the rest of the motor work.

They're not criticizing your choice of turbo, they're criticizing your choice of cheap E-Bay turbo kits. If you want something reliable, then don't buy your turbo setup for less then a grand off of E-Bay. Those kits use generic parts and are notoriously unreliable.

Plunk down some extra money on quality parts. If you're going to do this, then do it right the first time...

Trust me I don't want to or plan on buying crap and I don't want to waste time and money on something that is going to fall a part. I guess thats why I am here. On top of advice I need someone to help me differentiate between a great deal and garbage parts..

put a b20b vtec jspec wit a ctr tranny and go from there

Could some recommend some brands or maybe even some models of forged pistons/rods, cams, crank.. etc ?
About how much should I expect to pay to have the sleeves put in ?

Cheap?

Stock crank - good for 500whp easy.
JE/Arias/CP/Wiseco/tonsofother pistons - research the big name brands, pick the pistons you can afford.
Rods - Scat and Eagle are good and cheap. Probe to save rotating mass.

Back