best exhaust system for CRX SI?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zaneithan

whats a good exhaust system for a CRX SI, stock all the way through and best place to buy it from thanx

I'm a big fan of the OBX mid pipe, Dynamax catalyst, and Dynamax turbo muffler. For header I haven't found anything that can beat DC Sports, for the price or the performance.

I could also steer you in the way of a Supertrapp if you wanna get completely deranged and mad-scientist.

-> Steve

Dude I'll be damned the day I need to put metal pipes on layaway.

That shit is costly.

-> Steve

But it is DC, and they are good... hey, if you wanna drop the cash be my guest. That shit is like jewelry at that point though.

I would look into the apex world sport, hks exaust, or if you can find one at a good price the RS*R is supposed to be awesome, it has a nice tone to it too. I have not heard anything about the DC sports twin canister exaust yet, but DC sports is a good company with a good rep.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Oct 15 2003, 01:03 AM
I would look into the apex world sport, hks exaust, or if you can find one at a good price the RS*R is supposed to be awesome, it has a nice tone to it too. I have not heard anything about the DC sports twin canister exaust yet, but DC sports is a good company with a good rep.

Ive seen dyno results with the DC sports twin canister (import tuner mag's power pages) and it added more power than other mufflers. the design is basically the same as mugen's twin canister...and the price is not much different either.

if you want something that sounds good, is quiet, looks stock and adds some power, get a dynomax super turbo muffler. ive got one on my rex and i love it. when im not driving it hard it sounds good without being loud enough to attract cops' attention...but when i get on it its prety loud but has a nice low, throaty tone. and i paid less than $100 for it brand new.

Gabe- I forget if you changed the piping out at all or just replaced the muffler? It's coming time to fix my CRX's exhaust, so I want to know your full system again.

:)

honestly the exhaust isn't going to make or break you, it's literally just for sound and looks, best exhaust is no exhaust at all.

If you going NA stay with a mandrel bent 2.5inch exhaust with any muffler you want and with a resonator so you don't go deaf in two weeks, turbo - get a 3incher all the way from turbo to tip...

I have a pretty much stock 89 crx si with an aem style cia, and advanced timing, the rest of the exhaust and engine are stock. I put my dynomax muffler on that was on my civic. The car was slower, than with the stock exhaust. I have a little strip of road near my house that I can landmark when I get to certain speeds (I guess an elbaorate butt dyno) and I was quicker with the stock crx si exhaust.

Back