best header for a B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

wondering what ur opinions are on the best header for a b18c1...
4-1 pr 4-2-1....which manufactuer....thanks

We linked to a post a while back that compared the Kamikaze, DC Sports, JDM and a whole buncha headers. It was on Honda-tech.com. Anyone remember what thread that was?

There is no "Best" header. For daily driving anything from a DC up to probably the Hytech is good. All out race, there's several guys pumping out good ones, but they price pretty high.

How much money do you want to spend? What are your goals?
I have a DC but I would like a DTR or Hytech or Comptech just don't have the money for it.

good god, if i was still on the all-motor wagon i'd be all over the An-R header. so hot. IMO.

Yes that header is sweet. I also like the bisi header but you're gonna pay a lot for either

I've wondered about these things. I've purchased two DC knockoff headers from ebay so far, and as of yet, they seem to be working great. They aren't nearly as pretty, and the craftsmanship is nowhere near the DC, but they do function.. I mean, the exhaust exiting your head doesn't give a shit if the flange is pretty and has a DC emblem... If the tubes are the same size, and bent identical, then I see no reason to buy the $300-400 DC header, when the $100 header does the same thing.. I'm all about functionality, though. Not one to care much about looks.

Other than looks, I'm not sure that the DC is superior.

Yes, but those crappy looking welds, ma turn into crappy holding welds, and lead to a cracked header down the road.

I picked up a megan header from a friend and i compaired it to my friends Mugen and they look the same and the welds on the megan one look just as good if not better.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 15 2005, 12:50 PM
I've wondered about these things. I've purchased two DC knockoff headers from ebay so far, and as of yet, they seem to be working great. They aren't nearly as pretty, and the craftsmanship is nowhere near the DC, but they do function.. I mean, the exhaust exiting your head doesn't give a shit if the flange is pretty and has a DC emblem... If the tubes are the same size, and bent identical, then I see no reason to buy the $300-400 DC header, when the $100 header does the same thing.. I'm all about functionality, though. Not one to care much about looks.

Other than looks, I'm not sure that the DC is superior.
[post=555020]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

The first thing you have to think about is, the basic difference between a 4-2-1 header and a 4-1 header. The 4-1 header is better for drag racing, as its power gains are pretty much all top end. The 4-2-1 is a better design for daily driving, as you get your power gains spread throughout the rpm band. It's up to you. Me personally I lean towards 4-2-1 as my car is mostly for work and school. And DC are probably your best bang for the buck in a ceramic header. Ebay it, you'll get the best deal there.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 15 2005, 09:34 PM
I picked up a megan header from a friend and i compaired it to my friends Mugen and they look the same and the welds on the megan one look just as good if not better.
[post=555247]Quoted post[/post]​

I heard a rumor that the Megan racing header IS the Mugen racing header, it's just the ones made by the retarded kid at the factory that couldn't spell Mugen correctly. :p He may be retarded, but BOY that kid can weld!

Back