Best motor swap for my 92 civic HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper7

Okay I have a 92 civic HB and im getting ready to but a motor in it. I want to either a turbo gsr or a h22 in it what would be better to run. The h22 has more displacement so it would handle more boost but would it even fit in the engine bay with the condensor removed or am I better off going with the boosted gsr? pLEASE hELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Originally posted by sleeper7@Mar 18 2005, 12:17 AM
Okay I have a 92 civic HB and im getting ready to but a motor in it. I want to either a turbo gsr or a h22 in it what would be better to run. The h22 has more displacement so it would handle more boost but would it even fit in the engine bay with the condensor removed or am I better off going with the boosted gsr? pLEASE hELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:
[post=475157]Quoted post[/post]​

Ur better off going with a gsr swap. Da h22 is too big n will throw off ur steering, but everyone knows a gsr in a hatch is a monster.

NO, H22 is NOT too big...

it will fit in the engine bay and with proper suspension steering side effects are NILL...

more displacement does not equate to more boost...

more volume of air and CFM yes, more boost... no...

how muhc money do you have?

gsr = 170hp, 125ft/lbs and 2800 for a swap...
h22 = 200 hp, 160ft/lbs and only 2200...
but you need mounts and shifter cables plus other random shit...

GSR swap will bolt in with no modification's, and is far more suitable for low boost applications being that the bottom end is very strong. H22a bottom ends have a nack for blowing piston rings when put under boost, and their sleeves are very weak.

You need a custom harness, different axles, mounts, prelude cable linkage that you have to cut a hole in the floor to get the cables into the engine bay. Weight isn't to much different from a b18c, but you need to take into account it sits different in the engine bay and it will affect handling a bit.

I have a complete GSR swap for sale for 2800, bolt in, everything you need to put it in. Turn key swap.

Back