Best Muffler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Well its smog time for me in cali, so im going to finally get rid of my can style muffler for soemthing alitte less loud. My question is what are you guys and girls running for a muffler that gives good performance, but does not sound like a weed wacker on speed. Also what are the best flowing cats out there. I was looking at the car sound ones for the price but im not so sure about them. I want the best flow form the cat i can get while still passing smog.

If this helps any im running a 1st gen b16 with cai, dc 4-1 header. I have 2.25 piping already just need to put the cat on and a new muffler.

Thanks For the time.

i dont know if you can just buy the muffler, but the RS*R ExMag is really nice. not a can, looks damn near stock, and good performance, and not too loud.

Check out this muffler. I bought the whole exaust system including the high flow cat. And it sounds perfect to me. It is smooth when normal driving and not a higher but a deeper sound when vtec hits.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Feb 19 2004, 11:48 AM
Check out this muffler. I bought the whole exaust system including the high flow cat. And it sounds perfect to me. It is smooth when normal driving and not a higher but a deeper sound when vtec hits.

Thanks for the link, but i think im trying to get away form the canaster type muffler's. Even the quite ones seem to be really loud.

yeah i have the other RSR exhaust, but i can vouch for the quality of their exhausts- mine looks great, good welds, def. a quality piece

Back