Best swap for an automatic f22a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sm2rocks

So I recently bought a 92 accord lx from a cousin for 300 but it has 300k miles so i was wondering what would be the easiest swap?also, i know very little about cars, hence wanting the simplest swap. Ive tried finding the same engine but all i come up with are f22b engines.

No, you'll need an ECU if you want the VTEC to function properly. And if $700 is your budget, then stock replacements are pretty much all you can afford.

Is the engine running badly? If not, then I'd say don't worry about...

Would an f22b fit? I found some around my budget.

And it runs okay for the most part, smokes everytime i start it though

Yeah, an F22B would be a bolt-in swap as well. Is it the B1 or B2? If it's the VTEC version you'll have a bit of wiring to figure out...

Oh, that's actually a Japanese motor that they never imported to the US. It's very similar to the dual-cam H23 that came in some of our Preludes. But yes, that should work in your car with not too much fuss...

Oh i see! So bolts in, new ecu and thats it? Thought itd be more work :p

Any front wheel drive F-series or H-series motor will bolt in to a 90-97 Accord with minimal effort. It is a Japanese motor though, so the wiring harness will be reversed (since JDM cars are right-hand drive). I would probably try to use the existing wire harness in your car, and just lengthen or shortern wires where needed...

Back