Best TB for Skunk2 mani on NA built Z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

Hey fellas. As some of you know, I'm building a NA Z6. If you want specs, it's on pg. 4 of my engine swap thread(in sig).

I'm pretty much set on the S2 manifold, but it doesnt come with a throttle body.
What would be the best throttle body for me to use?

I can get an LS throttle body pretty cheap, but 1. didn't know it would bolt up alright, 2. If the Map sensor is on the top of the throttle body(in other words will anything change compared to my z6?), and 3. if the throttle cable would connect alright.

Is there a stock throttle body that would work best for my setup? GSR maybe?

Thanks.
-Andrew

you can always port the IM plenum to run a bigger throttlebody.

the mirage 1.5 guys run the 1.8 TB, ported from 48 to 52mm. some run the 55mm tb off the 2g dsm.

the 1.8 guys run the 55mm 2g dsm TB. some, get the bigger 60mm from RPW :)

I just think the guy porting the head would be the one to ask otherwise just go with a TB that's the same diameter as the Skunk2 plenum...which is 60mm I believe.

Thanks.
I'll give him a call tomorrow morning and see what he thinks.

Thanks for the imput fellas.
-Andrew

There's no point in using a larger TB on if you don't port match the plenum to it. :)

I just think the guy porting the head would be the one to ask otherwise just go with a TB that's the same diameter as the Skunk2 plenum...which is 60mm I believe.

agreed :)

Back