Best/ Worst Place to buy an engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
I am going to be purchasing a JDM b18c swap in the next week or so. I want to make sure that I get a clean, reliable engine thst doesnt drink oil, or grind gears. I have heard great things about hmotorsonline.com, however, the prices are pretty steep. Do any of you have any encouraging stories, or horrer stories about your experiences?

Hmotorsonline is probably the best place to buy an engine... They're very reputable and very reliable. They even help you get the correct parts for your swap. You can call them and actually talk to someone that will help you with your swap. I don't know anyone that has had problems with them.

Hmotorsonline>everyone else. Period.

hmotors end of story, they might cost 100-200 more but they are the best and thats why they can charge a little more.

jhp or passwordjdm are reputable but go with hmotors.

stay away from...

any place in canada
flash options
osaka

where do you live. you might be able to find a reputable importer that will start it for you right in front of you. that's the best way to go. plus you might pay a little less because you won't have to pay as much for shipping.

I am in Akron, Ohio (south of cleveland). Most of the places I have heard of seem to be on the west coast :cry:

+1 for Hmotors... got my engine from them... 0 problems i have a bunch of friends who have gotten engines from them and again 0 problems... i know several people who have gotten them from other places and have seen and heard all sorts of horror stories

isnt hasport in ohio? i wonder where they get their engines from.

Quoted post[/post]]
stay away from...

any place in canada
flash options
osaka

But then again, I had a great experience with Osaka. When I had the hatch, the B16A I got from them was solid as a rock, and very clean. No complaints with them at all.

But ...

just go with H-Motors.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
stay away from...

any place in canada
flash options
osaka

But then again, I had a great experience with Osaka. When I had the hatch, the B16A I got from them was solid as a rock, and very clean. No complaints with them at all.

But ...

just go with H-Motors.
same here, got complete b16 sir2 complete swap for 2100 shipped to buffalo,ny.from osaka

But ...

just go with H-Motors.
i would not buy from osaka unless you made the trip there to pick up your motor

they sent me an H22 that looked like someone dumped a 5 gallon pail of roofing tar under the valve cover
motor was fucking wooped
i drove to their business address and hand picked my replacement
do not even think about getting it from osaka
horrible customer service etc etc
motor got tied up with customs, took 3-4 weeks for them to ship it out

many people on here as well as many people i personally know from my area have gone with Hmotors and every single person i ever heard of getting a motor from hmotors is always 100% satisfied...

Well, I took all of your advice and went with Hmotors. I ordered my B18C yesterday :) The sooner I ditch the D series the better!

We will see if the motor turns out sweet....

Back