better final drive for '94 civic EX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

hey does anybody know of a final drive ratio that will work in a stock 5th gen ex/si d-trans that's lower than stock (4.25)?
i'm looking for something cheap like used or trans swap or something... can't be spending a couple hundred $$ for brand new gears- i'll just hold off for the motor swap instead if it's gonna cost me a couple hundred $$ just to do gears...

thx :)

www.exospeed.com

4.7 Final Drive $477

4.9 Final Drive $530

I think that's about as cheap as your going to find. I am pretty sure there isn't a final drive you can swap in from another tranny. If there is a cheaper alternative I would like to know because I want one.

according to the trans tech spec section on this site, the '87 crx si had an fdr of 4.4 (unless its a typo or something...?)...
-not a big jump from my stock 4.25, but if i could find one cheap in a boneyard or something, then i figure why not?
all i have to do now is figure out if the two will interchange...

i dont know this matter of factly but ive heard rumours that the 4g 4 door lx civics have a final drive of like 4.9

Originally posted by 88bluehf@May 16 2004, 11:46 PM
i dont know this matter of factly but ive heard rumours that the 4g 4 door lx civics have a final drive of like 4.9

Nope. 4.058 for the 4G 4 doors.

so does anybody have any idea if trans parts will interchange between 5th gen and 3rd gen civic/crx?
any info i've found on d-series trannies specifies that the only stock ratio lower than my stock '94 EX 4.25 is the '86-'87 crx at 4.4. Anybody know if the parts (ie-countershafts/final drive/driven gears/etc...) from the crx will swap into my '94 EX/Si trans?
Thx for any help

Back