better for boost b16a or b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SNEEZIN WRX

ok guys all i'm lookin for is a brief explaination here..i'm doin my swap SOON.. and i want to make the right decision..to make this short i drove my friend's newly boosted RSX-S last night and it was absolutly insane..so now i know for a fact i well definatly be boosting whatever motor i swap.. please consider the cost of everything when telling me why i should do each swap as b16 swaps normally run about 2500 and GSR's around 3500(these aren't written in stone)..as most of us here on hondaswap i'm not rich so we all know what its like to have to work EVERYDAY for what we want..all in all i'm looking for a low 13 - high 12 second street car with full interior..i guess by now u guys see where i'm going with this..help a brofa out..my main concern is cost to power ratio.. i mean is having that extra .2 liters of displacment gonna be worth my extra $1000 in achieving my goals? cuz i mean $1000 could go to a pretty nice piston/rod setup in a B16..also should i go with a JDM motor or USDM?

sorry i also forgot to include that the car is a 93' EJ1.. thats a 93' civic ex 2dr for the non-chassis code competent..

thanx much in advance!!

:withstupid:
(hmotorsonline.com)
h22 full swap is cheaper to buy than the sirII $2199 h22a or $2250 b16a
but if you really want to stick with the b series you can get a xsi swap for $1799.
but as recked said h is the most cost effective motor

or just keep your motor build it and boost it to its fullest

read this...
read the WHOLE article...
i will not post cliffs on this, its worth your time.
http://importbuilders.com/turbosetup.html

There is a section in that article that goes something like this...

"...Which one will hook up the best; have the least amount of wheel spin and the best power band? Look at these charts… B16A flat out dominates. Undisputed. King. The thing is, nobody wants it. They all insist on building 2 liter turbo motors. And those motors are great in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear for sure, keeping up with bikes in some cases. But its going to get worked by any domestic V8 on any freeway onramp, and from any stop. Versus the B16A turbo I can actually launch very MEAN from a dead stop with less than 150 lbs of torque and when it hits 2nd gear, its going strong. I shift the GSR into second gear I get a big stripe on the floor, I shift the B20 into second gear and I hit the rev limiter from massive wheel spin (of course all of first gear was wheel spin too). Also, with a b16A motor you don’t get peak HP until very high in the RPM which is another advantage because you will be going a higher MPH when you hit the most power. AND you will have the least amount of torque! Versus a 2 liter where you will peak at about 7600 RPM or so, and have the most amount of torque. On that motor, you will have less MPH, more HP and more torque. Not a good combination..."

then why is he running built gsr's? that article is bullshit-- at least as far as fact goes.

GSR > b16, all day, everyday, no matter what you do with it.
regardless of the displacement, the bottom end is stronger, has a girdle, and makes a lot of power.

for the tq b18 all the way but from what i understand the gsr is not turbo friendly he was asking which is better to boost gsr or sir i think if you are going to keep the engine stock then the b16 is the one to boost but if you are going to build an engine then the b18 is the way to go, just lower the CR in the b18c5 and you are good but if you are not going to mess with all that then b16 with about 8psi of boost with an intercooler and you are good or even better get yourself a b18b and boost that and you will be just as good just no vtec..

you don't unserstand much then, do you?

stop posting rumors about shit you heard and don't have a fucking clue about.

Back