1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Handling

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Blacklightning, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Blacklightning

Blacklightning Junior Member

I Know I know save up buy both...

Let's say you have a stock car, and you wanted better handling for street/autocross/road racing. And the only thing you can upgrade is Springs or Stocks. Not both just one or the other. I'm looking for performance, not looks.

I know this is a stupid Question, I just want to know what you think is better.

I'll tell you later why I ask this Question.
    :unsure:

2. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

true coilover system from Tein, Tokico, or H&R.

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I think you'd be better off getting shocks first, since running aftermarket lowering springs on stock shocks will only give you a horrible ride and wear out your shocks prematurely.

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

:werd: i agree even though getting springs will make more of a difference in performance.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah- get shiocks first... but id wait and get both for the simple fact of the labor/work to pull it all off again when you do get springs

6. Blacklightning

Blacklightning Junior Member

most of you are right getting the stocks first is the better choice. I have found that most people that autocross do better on there stock suspensions that compared to stock shocks with lowering springs.

I just posed this question to wonder why people get lowering springs w/o shock to "improve overall handling" when it makes things worse. And this is before the shocks start to blow.

But I guess most people than lower their car do it mostly for looks and since the turn in is better they feel than they have better handling.

IMO when it comes to handling shocks are more important than springs.

;)

7. JrSiRb16A

JrSiRb16A Senior Member

yeah Black..them peoples with the Springs and Stock shox..are mostly the THE ALL SHOW AND NO GO!!!

i also agree with pissedoff..save up your loot and get both..then when your ready..its a one shot deal..unless your doin the labor yourself..

8. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

Make sure you do a TON of reaserch on the suspension pieces you are going to buy. i didn't, and i feel as though i wasted a god $500 i could have put towards a better suspension.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted