Better Handling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blacklightning

I Know I know save up buy both...

Let's say you have a stock car, and you wanted better handling for street/autocross/road racing. And the only thing you can upgrade is Springs or Stocks. Not both just one or the other. I'm looking for performance, not looks.

I know this is a stupid Question, I just want to know what you think is better.

I'll tell you later why I ask this Question.
:unsure:

I think you'd be better off getting shocks first, since running aftermarket lowering springs on stock shocks will only give you a horrible ride and wear out your shocks prematurely.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 19 2003, 06:28 PM
I think you'd be better off getting shocks first, since running aftermarket lowering springs on stock shocks will only give you a horrible ride and wear out your shocks prematurely.

:werd: i agree even though getting springs will make more of a difference in performance.

yeah- get shiocks first... but id wait and get both for the simple fact of the labor/work to pull it all off again when you do get springs

most of you are right getting the stocks first is the better choice. I have found that most people that autocross do better on there stock suspensions that compared to stock shocks with lowering springs.

I just posed this question to wonder why people get lowering springs w/o shock to "improve overall handling" when it makes things worse. And this is before the shocks start to blow.

But I guess most people than lower their car do it mostly for looks and since the turn in is better they feel than they have better handling.

IMO when it comes to handling shocks are more important than springs.

;)

Originally posted by Blacklightning@Sep 20 2003, 12:19 PM
most of you are right getting the stocks first is the better choice. I have found that most people that autocross do better on there stock suspensions that compared to stock shocks with lowering springs.

I just posed this question to wonder why people get lowering springs w/o shock to "improve overall handling" when it makes things worse. And this is before the shocks start to blow.

But I guess most people than lower their car do it mostly for looks and since the turn in is better they feel than they have better handling.

IMO when it comes to handling shocks are more important than springs.

;)

yeah Black..them peoples with the Springs and Stock shox..are mostly the THE ALL SHOW AND NO GO!!!

i also agree with pissedoff..save up your loot and get both..then when your ready..its a one shot deal..unless your doin the labor yourself..

Make sure you do a TON of reaserch on the suspension pieces you are going to buy. i didn't, and i feel as though i wasted a god $500 i could have put towards a better suspension.

Back