Big Brakes for 6 gen accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello everyone. I own a 1999 accord LX that has front disc and rear drum brakes. I have gotten into autocrossing and want to get a better braking system. I have found a rear disc conversion for $550 that involves solid rotors. My question is: how hard [if possible] would it be to retro-fit the front ventilated rotors onto the rear? That being said, is it any harder to do that than to do a brake swap with another Honda such as a comparable year prelude? I don't know if they have better brakes or what. Any suggestions / tips are well appreciated. Thanks!

I'm trying to go low-budget with this, and the link you provided is hella-expensive. I work at a Honda dealership and can get Honda parts cheap, so I'd like to stick with honda parts if I can. My car is a 6 gen, 4 lug wheel. How hard is it to swap let's say, the front axles from a prelude [if it's brakes are better] and the rear disc conversion for a prelude, too? Thanks guys!

I have, but none of them have done anything of this sort. I just thought I'd post a thread and see if anyone had experience doing this sort of thing. Thanks!

The price in the link is about as low as you are going to find for what is included. That is serious brake package that will far outperform anything you can do with Honda parts.

That being said check out the fastbrakes site to see if they sell a big brake kit for use with your stock caliper. That would be significantly cheaper than the kit with the Wilwood calipers.

Back