Biggest funny mishap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Well at some level or another were all presumeably (sp?) mechanics here, or at least think of ourselves as moderately handy soooo, what's ur funniest mishap or misadventure resulting from turning a wrench (my friends and I have this convo when I was gone @ crafstmanship tech training)

I can recal a certain time when a new airmen was sent to have his steel toed boots Xrayed for cracks, accidently pressurizing a 20 gal reservior to 1400 psi when It's only rated for 1psi sticks out in my mind too....

And then there was the time one of my friends tipped over a B5 stand while torquing a glandnut an an Aircraft (B5 stands are like big tripod scafoldins on lockwheels that go 25+ft in the air.

What have you fucked up lately?

hmmmm, prolly the time i changed the driver side axle on my girl's car one day, and then brought the car into my garage the next day and tried to replace the exact same axle again- i got the entire thing out before i realized the ends were different and then had to stare at them for another 10 minutes to figure out exactly what i had just done-

how fucking ironic this thread happens to pop up.

greyfades (9:54:31 PM): sup
revolution8k (9:54:38 PM): nada tryin to fix up my signatures. u?
greyfades (9:54:44 PM): jus got done puttin my tokicos on
greyfades (9:54:45 PM): :)
greyfades (9:54:47 PM): w00t!
revolution8k (9:55:15 PM): sweet
greyfades (9:55:19 PM): werd
greyfades (9:55:25 PM): got my nittos in today, too
greyfades (9:55:32 PM): they look a whole lot better than my kumhos did
greyfades (9:55:42 PM): like...they look like they're a better tire...better...uh
greyfades (9:55:45 PM): quality, i guess

~~~~~

greyfades (10:37:41 PM): holy fuck
greyfades (10:37:46 PM): dont know why im typing and not running around
greyfades (10:37:53 PM): but theres like a big fuckin tick on my fuckin head dude
revolution8k (10:37:54 PM): driving >>> typing :)
greyfades (10:38:09 PM): swear to god...
greyfades (10:38:18 PM): my fuckin cat was rubbin up on me an shit when i was layin under my goddamn car earlier
revolution8k (10:38:19 PM): hahaha owned by a tick
revolution8k (10:38:20 PM): lmao
greyfades (10:38:21 PM): holy fuckin shit dude
greyfades (10:38:26 PM): do i just rip it off or what?
revolution8k (10:38:33 PM): is it in your head?
greyfades (10:38:34 PM): im supposed to burn it, right?
revolution8k (10:38:35 PM): or on your head?
greyfades (10:38:39 PM): its like...biting my skull
greyfades (10:38:42 PM): i think
revolution8k (10:38:49 PM): if it hasn't embedded itself in you, pull it out
greyfades (10:38:53 PM): or actually....
revolution8k (10:38:55 PM): if it has go wake your fuckin parents up
greyfades (10:39:07 PM): it could be a glob of something greasy
greyfades (10:39:27 PM): brb
greyfades (10:40:10 PM): ahem
greyfades (10:40:14 PM): false alarm
greyfades (10:40:31 PM): cat turd
greyfades (10:40:33 PM): :-|
greyfades (10:40:36 PM): :-\
greyfades (10:40:44 PM): im gonna kill that fucking cat
revolution8k (10:40:59 PM): HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
revolution8k (10:41:04 PM): a fuckin cat turd in your head?
revolution8k (10:41:05 PM): LMAO
greyfades (10:41:15 PM): great...now i feel like the ultimate white trash...uh...guy....or somethin
greyfades (10:41:24 PM): fuckin cat was rubbin up on me an shit while i was under my car
greyfades (10:41:34 PM): apparently she left me a present
greyfades (10:41:35 PM): dammit
revolution8k (10:41:39 PM): bahahahhaha
greyfades (10:41:47 PM): im bout to go shampoo my dome, y0
greyfades (10:41:48 PM): brb
greyfades (10:44:21 PM): grr
greyfades (10:44:23 PM): fuckin cat
revolution8k (10:44:29 PM): hahaha
greyfades (10:45:33 PM): what the...
greyfades (10:45:35 PM): https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32880

hahahaha Will makes it so easy for me to just laugh at him all fuckin night.

um, airjockie trying get people that "want to see something funny..."

thats pretty much it i think.

I was changing the oil on my old festiva once whent the wrench slipped and hit my cheek-bone. I looked like I got beat up for a week...

I learned the hard way that renting a spring compressor is a wise investment. I ended up with three knuckles busted open.

When I was younger.........

A few of us had go carts. My brother had one, and of course all the neighbor kids would wanna hang out and ride once in a while. There was one neighbor kid(Robert) that was a year older than me, but had the brains of someone half our age. The go cart stopped running one afternoon. So a few of us were gathered trying to find the problem.

My brother says "Hey robert, hold on to this wire and tell me if it has spark."

Robert Replies "Ok."

Robert twitched with every revolution of that Briggs engine, and my brother had given it his best yank. This may sound mean, but I'll never forget that day.

As Robert exclaims "IT"S GOT SPARK!!!!!", he was :owned:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

changing oil, and not realizing the O-ring from the old filter was still on the block, filter not sealing, and shooting oil everywhere when i started it up, lost about a quart in 30 seconds.....

taking a corner too hard in the rain, swerving off the road and slamming the guardrail....

trying to loosen bolts on my front crossmember, while pulling as hard as i can toward me, then the bolt finally letting loose and the wrench smaking me in the face...

trying to loosen a bolt on my brakes and not realizing i was tightening it, then finally realizing i was tightening after wailing on the wrench as hard as i could with a hammer (needless to say i completely fucked up that socket wrench).....

the list goes on....

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Feb 24 2004, 09:43 AM
LMMFAO!!! civicious got shit on!! LMMFAO thats fucking hillarious!! man i am sorry that happened to ya...LOL

hahahah it was even funnier as he was telling it to me. hahaha

use jack stands.... i was working under my car and the jack gave way i was wedged under my car telling my friend, jack it up, jack it up, jack it up, jack it up over and over.... i wasnt hurt, but i was stuck, and i had the crap scared out up me i dont think it went all the way down thank god!!

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 24 2004, 01:01 PM
changing oil, and not realizing the O-ring from the old filter was still on the block, filter not sealing, and shooting oil everywhere when i started it up, lost about a quart in 30 seconds.....

been there done that.... didnt believe the people when they told me oil was spilling all over the place... Luckily i finally realized they weren't joking... 3 quarts later all over a BRAND NEW garage floor. :blink:

TurboMirage or Celerity should tell this... but just watching the two them one afternoon at Bristol auotx checking out Celerity's car. I think that it started with checking out his exhaust fumes? Well they had the hood open, Chris noticed some loose screw on the water pump... :eek: So that got tightened up in a hurry. Then they finished up with Chris moving the hatch forward onto a toolcase, being told about it, so moving backwards and onto Steve's foot. Pure comedy gold. Clayton and I were watching safely from the hill. :lol:

I don't wrench enough on my cars yet. Close calls would be changing a flat with my hydraulic jack, but with the tire flat, the car sits just a little too low... so this guy comes by and lifts up my car up so that I can scoot it underneath. It was dark, so I had to use my fingers to feel for the support ridge. Came close to losing some fingers on that one.

On the way home from getting getting a replacement hood for my Si, I got onto the highway and noticed my little socket wrench (my only Snapon tool!) resting on the righthand side of my windshield. Needless to say, I pulled over right away to retrieve it. Pheww!

Back