Bilstein coilover?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
So, I am deciding what's going on, and what I am going to do if I don't get this GSR. Today I found out that Bilsteins are less expensive than the coilovers I was going to get the KW Variant 3's. The model is the RSX I believe, fully adjustable, up and down I guess instead of you having to adjust them two ways, they are set to perfectly match themselves on whatever setting you choose.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has used them and had an experiance they can relate about them.

i know that bilstein in general is a great shock. do you have a link to these coilovers you're looking at? what do you ultimatly want your suspension to be used for?

my friend has those on his car for 2 days and he hated them...his car was dropped about 2.5 inches and he said that that set-up was bouncy as hell...he turned around and got some ground controls and he has been happy ever since.

Originally posted by xkwzt21@Mar 16 2004, 06:12 PM
my friend has those on his car for 2 days and he hated them...his car was dropped about 2.5 inches and he said that that set-up was bouncy as hell...he turned around and got some ground controls and he has been happy ever since.

These are definitely not bouncy, completely adjustable top to bottom.

I can't find them on their US site, so maybe they are not availible in the states:( All I can find on their US website for Hondas are OE replacements for EG's, seems the only ones good enough to list are the S2000's.

Actually, thier US website is really pissing me off. I can't seem to find even the model and what they are (ei:coilover, shock, whatever) Anyway, the guy at the shop was raving about them being much better that the KW's, so I tohught I would ask.

And B16, my car is daily driven, but I drive like Tazmanian Devil on speed (so I blend in to German traffic :) ), and take very "spirited drives through the back roads"

check neuspeeds site... they have a bunch of bilstein coilovers on there

i know for a fact that bilstein makes excenent stuff

try to get some kind of link with the specs of what you are looking at

Most of the spec miatas on the west coast run bilsteins, with ground controls, and eibach springs, and it is a damn sweet set up on those cars. As far as they go for hondas i do not know as I have no had a chance to run them yet.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 16 2004, 09:48 PM
check neuspeeds site... they have a bunch of bilstein coilovers on there

i know for a fact that bilstein makes excenent stuff

try to get some kind of link with the specs of what you are looking at

Yea, even there they only have the HD series (Aggressive street driving) I am looking at the Sport. It dpoens't look like the ones there have adjustable shocks, just coilovers. Hmmmm...am I blind?

bilstiens have been around for ever... kinda like eibach. if the price is right, i wouldn't hesitate.

Back