BitTorrent problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Trying to DL a game from BlueTorrent. I keep getting this message.

"Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: Port 6881 is blacklisted."

What does it mean, and how can I fix it?

it means that they have set up their torrents to track/seed/leech on a non-standard port to prevent spamming.

basically, what you have to do is configure azereus to NOT use 6881 (the default BT port) and to use theirs.

in azereus, its tools->options->connections.

and go to their website and figure out what port they do use, and plug it in the box.

It looks it, but 12 hours into a 2.4G Dl, and it's at 280MB is pissing me off. Is this shit always this slow? Fuckin waste of time if so.

its all about who is seeding it, and what type of connection.

its not like old p2p.

basically, if you're 5 days late, you miss it. its a current thing, and then people stop seeding it.

after your DL finishes, you SHOULD seed it for 2:1 of the dl size. otherwise, everyone else is going to be even slower....

Well, I am not going to wait five damn days to DL something. My interent runs like ass, so fuck it.

Any other sites that may have a better DL speed than Demonoid?

you're missing the point dude...

demonoid doesn't serve ANYTHING but 2-5kb text files with a list of the files, their size, and a tracker.

the tracker conencts to the tracker server.

when someone is seeding the file, it updates the tracker and says, hay, i have this for sharing.
it then conencts you to the PEER (bittorrent is a peer to peer technology, just like kazza was). you are downlaoding it from some random dude at his house- not from demonoid. they are just the middle man who introduces both of you.

so, don't blame demonoid-- blame the lack of seeds, or their 56k upload speeds.
i've gotten over 500k on some dl's on demonoid with 30 seeds

I'm not really blaming Demonoid, I am more wondering if there is somewhere that "introduces" more people.

Chances are you'll just be downloading the same file from the same people. As brian said, if there aren't any seeds (or just a few), you're kinda screwed.

Back