Black Friday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 25 2003, 08:43 AM
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when most stores drastically cut their prices to get people to start shopping for Christmas. The first link is a link to a list of Black Friday prices that someone managed to get from the stores and publish in advance. Several companies have actually sued the people who run those sites under the DMCA, citing that the Black Friday prices are confidential until they're released on Friday.

SUPAR SECRAT INFO YO :)

Very true. It's a "highly guarded secret" at Office Max. But I can already tell you what we'll have for sale.
Palm Zires for $20-$30
Leather office chairs $20 (and they're fairly nice too. $100 normally)
I think it's a 13" or 15" tv/dvd combo for around $75
And a Sylvania 17" LCD monitor that'll go for around $300.
Those are some of the products as I've seen come in huge bulk through our receiving department. Except for the chair, i'm not 100% positive on the exact prices, but they're close.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Nov 25 2003, 10:19 AM
Anyone know why it's called black friday?

It's called Black Friday becuase it's when all companies expect the book to be written in with black pens. Black pens are used for profits while red pens are used for assets/liabilites, deficits, etc. So, when you are doing shitty, they use a red pen, when they do good and profit, they use a black pen.

i have to wake up at 4am and get ready for work... doors open at 6 and it takes me a hour to get to work ... i am not to happy about it but oh well it money in my pocket.

are you doing split shift? I have a 630-1200 and then 4-930. not happy about that at all :(

Thats nothing, I used to work 6am to 1030-11pm on Black friday when I worked for an electronics store.

Back