black intercooler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by handlebarsfsr@Sep 18 2004, 11:54 AM
i think sport compact car or something reported that testing by turbonetics proved that a light coat of flat black paint doesnt in any way affect the heat transfer or efficency. go for it... this is exactly what im doing with mine.
[post=391873]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: i'm doing the exact same thing. i don't want to attract the EXTRA attention. keep it looking like a sleeper, so people don't see you're boosted...maybe if they look REAL close. or hear you blow off when you drive by. i am actually going to spray one side, just the front, so i can flip it around if need (or want) be. :ph34r:

thats why im gonna paint mine. keep it low key. the dsm bov isnt that loud either, so im pretty happy about that. plus the turbo will make the car quieter. And this is all the reason why i decided to get shitty looking gsr stock rims... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 17 2004, 03:59 PM
Sure is. Don't use high temp paint, though, unless you plan on baking the IC in you oven. And why don't you want people to see it? Is it perhaps that you have intercooler envy, and know you just can't compete with my gargantuan IC? ;)
[post=391611]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont think anyone here has seen it yet... or most of your car recently for that matter. :D

i wanna seeeeeeee...

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Sep 21 2004, 10:56 AM-->
Loco Honkey
@Sep 17 2004, 03:59 PM
Sure is. Don't use high temp paint, though, unless you plan on baking the IC in you oven. And why don't you want people to see it? Is it perhaps that you have intercooler envy, and know you just can't compete with my gargantuan IC? ;)

i dont think anyone here has seen it yet... or most of your car recently for that matter. :D

Sean already rode in it and got to experience some mild drifting.

i wanna seeeeeeee...
[post=392977]Quoted post[/post]​

Fiiiiiine...

gallery_23624_114_1095815296.jpg

gallery_23624_114_1095815273.jpg

gallery_23624_114_1095815344.jpg

And for those wondering- that's an OEM hood and bumper and a 30X10X3 Spearco unit.

st185=teh coolest. Toyota=Dumb for discontinuing sales of the GT4 in US

AWD Turbo is the new fad, so i dont understand why they havent jumped on the badwagon and brought them back over, its not like they would have to design a new car, they have it, just not here!

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 21 2004, 09:13 PM
Traitor? At least I'm not a trend humping fashion lemming that's hopping on the Honda -> Nissan 240 bandwagon.
[post=393229]Quoted post[/post]​

Ouch... those are pretty scathing words to put toward a guy who wants to give FR a chance, and sees the opportunity presented though an unfunctional car (due to above stated "fashion lemmings").

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Sep 21 2004, 08:23 PM
st185=teh coolest. Toyota=Dumb for discontinuing sales of the GT4 in US

AWD Turbo is the new fad, so i dont understand why they havent jumped on the badwagon and brought them back over, its not like they would have to design a new car, they have it, just not here!
[post=393195]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, they don't have it. Production stopped when the ST205 body went out of production. I've heard reports that the 3S-GTE/ AllTrac driveline combo was continued into the ST215 body, but I can't be sure of this. In it's last gen, the 3S-GTE put out the highest specific output of any 4 cylinder ever mass produced- 2.0L, 265 HP, 132.5 HP/ liter, and with the twist of a boost controller, it can make 325 HP all day long.

my mistake, i could have sworn i saw something on the net about the 2005 alltrac?

either way, they still have the platform, i say since they ditched the celica and mr2, they should bring it back.

edit: im sure u know more on the subject than i do so ill take ur word for it B)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Sep 21 2004, 09:12 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 21 2004, 10:56 AM
Loco Honkey
@Sep 17 2004, 03:59 PM
Sure is.  Don't use high temp paint, though, unless you plan on baking the IC in you oven.  And why don't you want people to see it?  Is it perhaps that you have intercooler envy, and know you just can't compete with my gargantuan IC?  ;)

Sean already rode in it and got to experience some mild drifting.

:D :D :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :D :D

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Sep 22 2004, 03:12 PM
yes, the st205, but i thought he was implying that after they stopped making the 205 , the gt4 will no longer be in production
[post=393544]Quoted post[/post]​

"Will?" You mean "was." The last ST20X chassis rolled out of production in the end if '99. The ST21X took it's place in '00. Note- STXX5 chassis codes are AllTracs/ GTFours. Any other last digit denotes an ST, GT, or GTS. The "AllTrac" kinda lives on in the Matrix AWD thingy, which is more Corolla than Celica, though.

They had a good run. They kicked everyones ass. Why bring back a car that'll never sell? People want car companies to bring cars back all the time, and when they do, people bitch and moan. Cases in point:

'99 Civic Si- "whaa... it's not a hatch..." "whaa... it only came with a B16..." "Whaa... it has ABS..."

'03 Civic Si hatch- "whaa... it looks like an Oddity..." "whaa... it only has 160 HP 2.0L engine..." "Whaa... it has McStrut suspension..."

Neon SRT-4 "Whaa... it's a Dodge..." "Whaa... it doesn't have an LSD..." "Whaaa... the seats are funny..."

WRX- "Whaa... it looks funny..." "Whaa... the turbo is laggy..." "Whaaa... you can't beat the shit out of first gear..."

It's like, give me a fucking BREAK, would ya? Let's see YOU design a car that is fun to drive, safe, lasts 100+K miles, will operate in every possible climate and weather condition on earth, looks good, isn't too expensive, can compete with everyone else out there, and is appealing to most of the 500 or so million potential buyers you're targeting with the car.

I hope they never bring the AllTrac back. That car fucking ROCKED back in the day (still does, as an aging Japanese "supercar"), and that's how it should be remembered... not as some pile of dogshit like the new Si...

i think after reading that i agree, i think they shouldnt bring back the gt4 or the supra, they should come up with something new that will blow pples minds and put toyota back on the performance map. the new corolla that supposidly sporty (dont know the name and dont care!) isnt gonna cut it.

dont jump on the band wagon, be creative and take chances, hell once i have some money ill buy it, but righ tnow im broke and in college and drinking on wasted wendesdays!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooo hooo

but back to what loco said, after thinking about it i do agree, nothing manufacturers bring back to life live up to what they made in the past. that is because it was great back then but as time goes on and the stories grow, it gets better, creating something that you cant live up too, so in light of this, create something badass that everyone HAS to have, and then pple will be happy.

ps im really drunk
:woo: :ji: :yes: :concur:

Back