blind kids required to take drivers education

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well whats he supposed to do when all his classmates are in driver's ed? sit in the office. and he also needs a grade for the class. a kid i used to wrestle with was blind and had to take it. so what, you learn something your never going to use. im sure glad i learned about the incas and the mayas. that saves me at least once a week.

people need to stop making a big deal about EVERYTHING in america. driver's ed is a "gimme grade" anyway

The best post Slushbox ever clicked "Add Reply" on.

No - they're gonna send him out with an instructor like Billy Everyman and Jane Normal.

...Or I'll SUE their asses.

well whats he supposed to do when all his classmates are in driver's ed? sit in the office. and he also needs a grade for the class. a kid i used to wrestle with was blind and had to take it. so what, you learn something your never going to use. im sure glad i learned about the incas and the mayas. that saves me at least once a week.

people need to stop making a big deal about EVERYTHING in america. driver's ed is a "gimme grade" anyway

you'd prob think differently if the class was - Your Vagina and You:101

Quoted post[/post]]
well whats he supposed to do when all his classmates are in driver's ed? sit in the office. and he also needs a grade for the class.

what kind of school did you go to when you were 16. Theres like 100 classes to choose from and absolutely no way to take them all. Like if I wanted to learn a forein Language, there were 6 to choose from, gym, you could either take the one manditory class, like I did, or do what all the dumb football players did and eventually hit all of them. So what is he going to do instead of drivers ed...hmm I don't know maybe something a tad more productive. I don't know, maybe learn calculus, bio, statistics, ect?

In michigan, drivers ed isn't even apart of the school. If you want your permit, then you have to either go to a private company (Sears (like the stores) is a big one around here) or you could go through the school system and it would be like an IM sport where you do it after normal schooling hours.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
well whats he supposed to do when all his classmates are in driver's ed? sit in the office. and he also needs a grade for the class.

what kind of school did you go to when you were 16. Theres like 100 classes to choose from and absolutely no way to take them all. Like if I wanted to learn a forein Language, there were 6 to choose from, gym, you could either take the one manditory class, like I did, or do what all the dumb football players did and eventually hit all of them. So what is he going to do instead of drivers ed...hmm I don't know maybe something a tad more productive. I don't know, maybe learn calculus, bio, statistics, ect?

In michigan, drivers ed isn't even apart of the school. If you want your permit, then you have to either go to a private company (Sears (like the stores) is a big one around here) or you could go through the school system and it would be like an IM sport where you do it after normal schooling hours.
i went to a group 2 school. about 1000 kids. and drivers ed replace gym for one semester and it was required. what could i have done? take a whole course in one semester?

Quoted post[/post]]

you'd prob think differently if the class was - Your Vagina and You:101
i would ace that class. i know far to much about the vagina. well actually i know all the sexually related stuff. but whatever, that subject would at least keep me awake even though i would be about to puke for parts of it.

i went to a group 2 school. about 1000 kids. and drivers ed replace gym for one semester and it was required. what could i have done? take a whole course in one semester?

you could if you were smart enough... cheater
lol

my school had about 110 in my graduating class, and that was considered a big class
we had no driver's ed classes that were mandatory
you could take drivers ed during summer school for insurance reduction
but everyone in NY has to take a 5 hour drivers safety class, mandatory but not affiliated with public schools in anyway...

i would ace that class. i know far to much about the vagina. well actually i know all the sexually related stuff. but whatever, that subject would at least keep me awake even though i would be about to puke for parts of it.
you have no idea, and if you did i doubt you'd be fuckin as much as you do...
there are things you never ever want to know...
avoid drunk gynocologists... trust me

Quoted post[/post]]

you could if you were smart enough... cheater
lol

my school had about 110 in my graduating class, and that was considered a big class
we had no driver's ed classes that were mandatory
you could take drivers ed during summer school for insurance reduction
but everyone in NY has to take a 5 hour drivers safety class, mandatory but not affiliated with public schools in anyway...

you have no idea, and if you did i doubt you'd be fuckin as much as you do...
there are things you never ever want to know...
avoid drunk gynocologists... trust me
i never opened a book in hs, cheat book or real. and i told you in the other thread, im not a cheater. future TKEs at Rowan will be.

and ill take your advice on the vagina and avoid gynos. i never want to learn something that will make me want to have less sex. but on the other hand that may mean more IDB...hmmmmm

I think that this is rediculous. Why on earth would you make a student take a class that they would never use while wasting tax dollars and resources in the mean time. Here is a thought - give the student a study hall or let them take a different class. No wonder people have such a poor view on our public schools. I have been a teacher now for five years and still do not understand some of the things that go on in the system.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think that this is rediculous. Why on earth would you make a student take a class that they would never use while wasting tax dollars and resources in the mean time. Here is a thought - give the student a study hall or let them take a different class. No wonder people have such a poor view on our public schools. I have been a teacher now for five years and still do not understand some of the things that go on in the system.
something that they will never use? when's the last time knowing columbus discovered america in 1492 gotten you out of a bind?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
something that they will never use? when's the last time knowing columbus discovered america in 1492 gotten you out of a bind?

Holy shit, you can't be fucking serious.

Anyone live in his area? we need to poke his eyes out.

There is a difference between knowing World history and that stop signs are rec octagons. Christ this kid would know what red or and octagon would look like. They could understand that Columbus "discovered" the Western Hemisphere.

Quoted post[/post]]
There is a difference between knowing World history and that stop signs are rec octagons. Christ this kid would know what red or and octagon would look like. They could understand that Columbus "discovered" the Western Hemisphere.
but honestly driver's ed is ussually about a semester long class and its easier and cheaper to just have the kid take it then figure out an alternative. im sure this is not the first blind kid to take driver's ed. just the first one to make a big deal about it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Holy shit, you can't be fucking serious.

Anyone live in his area? we need to poke his eyes out.
my point was that everyone is blowing it out of proportion.

Back