Block guard/ sleeve saver

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

powderman

I am swapping my B16a head onto a B18b block and was wondering who makes the best block saver. Is there any special thing that needs to be done to install or do they just press in. I am putting in a low mileage B18 and dont intend at this stage to modify anything other than the block guard and ARP rob bolts. It will be a daily driver and will modify more when its time for the turbo and nitrous. Anything I should look for in doing this setup? This will be a temporary motor until I sleeve/rod/piston the B16.

Last edited:
A saver is only necessary if you plan on boosting or spraying. If it is just a daily driver it may actually do more bad then good since it restricts your coolant flow.

save yourself the time, money, and hassle and dont purchase or install one. they are junk and not needed. Just think about it, its job is to protect the sleeves from shifting or moving. Now under high boost apps and high amounts of nitrous the sleeves will move no matter whats trying to hold it in place.

Also keep in mind block guards dont not help the sleeves out when the sleeves actually crack. If i were you i would spend money on resleeving hands down. good luck

Charlie

Back