Bogging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I have a d16z6 and I dont think im getting the right throttle response and power in low rpm.........its kinda hard to explain but people say it could be my cat or fuel problem. What do you guys think??????????

okay well when im driving at lets say 30mph in second and when I shift I hear a low bogging noise and when it gets into a higher rpm it seems like the throttle response is perfect cause at low rpm the throttle response is off it sounds like. okay im going to try to explain this to you in numbers and hopefully you will know what I mean.......1111111111122222333445567789 and ill try to explain it in rpms when im giving it full throttle........800........900........1000...............1500......2000.......4000......6000. So when im giving it full throttle at 30 mph in 3rd gear, I dont pick up much speed. Do you kinda know what I mean now?????????

same thing happened to me when i put in my b16, looked at everything with the one dreadfull thought in the back of my head which of course turned out to be the problem. Timing belt was off a tooth, sliped it off and realined it and i was in business. Take off your valve cover and timing belt cover and check it.

Back