bomz cam gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok every one i was loking around today a i found the line of bomz parts and i was just wondering if any one had any oppnion on them i just noticed that they are cheeper than most parts and most of the time you get what you pay for

i've only seen them sold on eBay. probably like OBX, so i would stay away from it.

i did see a full OBX catalog, though, at an import shop, and them make full out turbo kits, intercoolers, clutches, flywheels, cams, everything it seems.

well thats what i figured but i thought i would ask since my frind just hooked up with a distributer that can get them to him for like $37 i might get one and try it out just to see

They may very well be alright, but just remember that if they are junk, they could fail or slip, throwing you timing off and bending your valves. I wouldn't risk cutting corners as far as cam gears and timing is concerned.

I'd rather spend more and not have to worry about having to do an overhaul just because I saved a few bucks on parts initially.

Just my $0.02.....they may very well be fine.....I really don't know

see i know i should allways trust my instinct but i just had to post and see if any one had a opnion

don't get the bomz stuff...its crap...i had a buddy that floated a valve cause he went cheap. and the bomz cam gear was off a bit so when he tuned it the timing was off.

I always suggest only three cam gears, and these three cam gears can only be adjusted for +/-5 degrees so just incase your asses don't tighten down enough and it does slip chances are you will not blow your valvetrain to shit. You never advance/retard over 5 degrees anyways.

I say go with either Toda, Jun, Spoon

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 11 2003, 03:01 PM
I always suggest only three cam gears, and these three cam gears can only be adjusted for +/-5 degrees so just incase your asses don't tighten down enough and it does slip chances are you will not blow your valvetrain to shit. You never advance/retard over 5 degrees anyways.

I say go with either Toda, Jun, Spoon

Milan

You are leaving STR out, Spoon said one time that if they did not make Cam grears that they would use STR ones!

No, I didn't talk to the engineers at spoon, I read somewhere on their web site or on a comparison between diff cam gears.

They are on Ebay BUY IT NOW for 156.00..............Good Deal!!!!!

I don't like STR products, they only have three bolts for tightening, so maybe spoon might go for them if they didn't make cams but they do so either spoon, jun, toda for me.

:)
Milan

Back